Thanks from your photographer...

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Wow, what an epically cool bunch of folks I got to spend a few days with !

Your willingness to be photographed almost constantly made my job an absolute pleasure. The cars and the locations, as well as you being all the beautiful people in Vegas also made for some very easy photo subjects :)

You are a fantastic group of folks, and I've made lots of new friendships, and rekindled old friendships, added to that some of the most spectacular locations I've ever seen, plus a long chat with the cops for being a very naughty photographer. I've had a blast with you all and I sincerely hope you didn't find the camera in your faces too awkward.

Some things to mention:
- In all I took just over 5,000 images over the 5 days with well over 2,000 at Spring Mountain alone. I managed to use pretty much every piece of camera equipment I took out with me, so it was worth the massive excess baggage charges. I even used the ultra wide fisheye on the roof of Shelby American for the group shot.

- Some people mentioned they'd like the Matech 3 volume boxed book set. Please get in touch with me about this as I want to get these out to you as soon as possible.

- the tour video - apologies for the very poor microphone audio....there was a lot of echo and reverb so many of you were unable to hear what I was saying - some may say that's a good thing ;-) Anyway, the video is not for wider circulation yet, so I won't be putting it on YouTube just yet. But in summary, this will be THE tour of 2016 for you and your GTs, in Europe. And as the video mentioned....it will be the most important journey you ever make in your GTs. Dave and I will tell you much more about it in due course.

- I'm working through all the photographs from the Rally and will be making up a CD, available to purchase. Dave will have the details of that.

- I'm also making a book of the rally, showcasing the very best images from the rally in 'old-school' printed paper format. It's always better to have a book of memories than a hard drive.

So it just leaves me to say thank you to you all for making me feel so welcome. I literally cannot wait 'til the next rally in Detroit...that's if you'll have me. Hats off to Dave Bannister for the massive organisation that goes into something like this. It ran so smoothly and was so relaxed simply because of the huge efforts and pre-planning done by Dave.

See you all very soon I'm sure.
All the best,
Steve 'The Awesome' photographer ;-)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Susan and I had a blast meeting you Steven. Certainly one of the highlights of this year's Rally. All the best to you in all your endeavors and we look forward to seeing you next year in Detroit. I'm certain I am speaking for many of us that we can not wait to pick up the CD and book of Rally 9. Take care my well dressed friend and keep snapping those incredible images.

Vince & Susan Hott

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Steven - thanks for being there, snapping everything in sight and hanging out of speeding vehicles...
Since Margaret and I attended the LeMans Race with other FGT Forum members several years ago and met you there for the first time, I have been able to obtain a full "collection" of all the Matech Books, Crystals, Leather bound boxes etc that you have made for us.

I must therefore , advise that I will NEED a DVD/CD disc of the Rally and also the ''old style coffee table book'' that you mention.
They will be extra special to look at when the snow is 10 feet deep here in Michigan and Pennsylvania...

andy (ajb)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Steven -

It was really nice to see you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. I would definitely like to obtain a picture CD and new book of Rally IX. And, if possible, would appreciate obtaining a DVD of the tour video.

Thanks for all your efforts - past present and future!

Your friend, Ralphie

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Steven, great to meet you. Look forward to seeing your compilation of incredible photography from the event!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Steven, It was just as if we just left LeMans two weeks before the Rally and our friendship continued without missing a beat. It was great to see you again and I look forward to your CD/video/book of the rally as I will fully expect 30 or 40 pictures of me and Mellow Yellow in them.:biggrin Great times....See ya soon

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Steve,
Great to see you again, sure was a blast and enjoyed sharing stories! :thumbsup Like everyone said, you fit in like a member of the family. :cheers
(Hope all worked out with Oliver and any time you are back around, please let Monica and I know). Monica sends a hug...:thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Steven, You took the best photos of my car that have ever been taken. It was great having lunch with you and David. I can't vouch for California Pizza Kitchen, but apparently it was ok with you. I may have to try it myself after seeing you demolish that pizza. :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Steven!! It was great to see you again.!! Looking forward to the Rally 9 DVD & book !! .. If you have some outtakes of just me I'd be intrested.. You are part of the GT family so we expect you at Rally 10 !! Regards, Brian

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Great job with the pictures and great fun with the hang :thumbsup:thumbsup:cheers ... regardless of Anders :smash:wink:lol

Looking forward to seeing you in Detroit :thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nice meeting you Steven! Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Ed & Heidi

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Many thanks Steven !!! You made us all feel and look like rock-stars ! Best pics of my car ! Hope to see you at the next rally in Detroit. Alex & Mimo

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Just sent the whole lot to Dave...which includes a much larger set from Spring Mountain. Even if you weren't already, the pictures make you all look like heroes behind the wheel. :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Steven,
You are clearly a talented individual! But best off a nice guy!Everyone likes you!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 179

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It's great to have Steven in our Family!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Any forecast of when image files will be available?

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
All the image files are with Dave who is putting something nice together for you all.
And the book is 99.9% complete. Just a couple more words to check and it's done. Again, DBK will tell you more about this in the next day or two. It looks stunning ! :)