Lady Moose get well soon!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry to hear the news of your incident at the rally Michelle. Hope you get well soon and we will see you and John at next years rally. :thumbsup

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Glad we got to see you briefly hope you feeling better
G&D

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Get well soon!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Thank you to all who helped Michele when she fell and all the get well wishes. EVERYONE at the rally was very caring and willing to help in any way. Not a better group of people on the planet than the Ford GT Forum group!

Update: Michele had surgery yesterday for a "halo" to stabilize 3 breaks in her leg and surgery in 2 days for pins and plates. She is in Good hands and a 6-8 week recovery time is expected.

When each of you have the time, there is a great story around all this. When we arrived, the hotel said they were full and upgraded our room to a beautiful 2100 square foot suite on top of the Mandalay Bay. When we walked into the room I said to Michele, OMG!, this is how the movie "The Hangover" started in Vegas. From there, it involves women's underwear, cops in the hotel room, a wedding chapel, and a hospital stay. I seriously believed we would wake up on the roof the next day and if our GT had a real trunk, there would somehow be a trunk monkey in it. Besides all of that, we really did have a CRAZY, GREAT time!

Attachments

• hospitality-suite-pano-1.jpg
    hospitality-suite-pano-1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG00730-20141015-2044.jpg
    IMG00730-20141015-2044.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG00726-20141015-1441.jpg
    IMG00726-20141015-1441.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 408
  • Rally 9.jpg
    Rally 9.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, tell Mrs. Moose to get well soon!!!

Ha ha ! Trunk Monkey!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sending out positive healing vibes at maximum intensity!

Funny funny story John, with photos to match. :)

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sorry to hear of your accident. Get better Michele and we will see you back in Arizona.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hope your funny little honey gets better soon!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So sorry to hear of your accident, we were shocked. Get well very soon Michelle. We look forward to seeing you and John in Detroit next year.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Heal quickly!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Glad Margaret and I at least got to say hello to both
Of you before the accident. Heal quickly and
start planning for Detroit and Ford World Headquarters
Rally in 2015 �� Andy and Margaret.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just a horrible fall, so glad to read that she's doing much better!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Glad to hear she's on the road to recovery, John! Get well soon, Michelle. Although I'm not sure what your doc meant by 6-8 weeks. It's unfortunately going to take quite a bit longer than that before she's 'recovered':(

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Glad to hear she's on the road to recovery, John! Get well soon, Michelle. Although I'm not sure what your doc meant by 6-8 weeks. It's unfortunately going to take quite a bit longer than that before she's 'recovered':(
This coming from a simple run of the mill bone doctor hahaha..sadly I thought the same thing with the extrnal fix on but I became more worried about the soft tissues......regardless try not to get too frustrat e d because as Ed said this is going to take some time to be back to "normal"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...When we walked into the room I said to Michele, OMG!, this is how the movie "The Hangover" started in Vegas. From there, it involves women's underwear, cops in the hotel room, a wedding chapel, and a hospital stay. I seriously believed we would wake up on the roof the next day and if our GT had a real trunk, there would somehow be a trunk monkey in it...

'Sounds pretty much like an average day around our house...

'Real bummer about the fall, Mrs. Moose. Trust me when I say I know how you must feel! (Wifey and I have both 'been there' on more than one occasion.) A year from now this whole episode will seem like just a minor bump in the road for the both of you.

Best wishes for a truly speedy recovery, girl! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Best wishes Michelle........what an unexpected spot for a trip/fall hazard!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Oh and Bonnie says I guess you didn't make it to your massage!?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Hope for a complete recovery! So sorry this happened. Best wishes and hope to see you guys next year.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Best wishes. I couldn't make this years rally, recovering from a knee replacement. The good part is the remarkable repair work they do these days. Good luck with your physio.