Lady Moose get well soon!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Boy am I glad I got my hugs and kisses in right away..God Speed Mrs Moose for a complete recovery….hoping Mr. Nurse is a good cook too.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wishing you a speedy recovery from both of us!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Wishing Michelle a quick and complete recovery!

Scott and Angela

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Glad things are looking up!! To a speedy recovery! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mrs. Moose, hope you get well soon. Enjoy the rest and relaxation. FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS! FYI, I tried to call Friday night from the dinner and JBG gave me two wrong numbers. Dr. Frank

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I was so saddened when you told me what happened - but you've got a great attitude, so I know you'll be fine in time.

Love & kisses, Ralphie

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
So sorry! Just got home and found this on the forum. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Vince

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Broke mine and Susan's heart to see you hurt like that. Hoping you are in good spirits and I think we should all promise to make up for your lost time in Detroit. Quick recovery Michelle. We are thinking of you.

Vince and Susan Hott

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Our drive back to Scottsdale was not as much fun as chasing you and John up to Las Vegas. Renea and I appreciate all the help you gave us organizing our bag transport. All our best wishes for a speedy recovery. When you feel up to it I'll host dinner at D&C's cause that's good for your bones!!

Chip

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Get well soon!
Listen to Bonehead, it will take a while, but you will be good as new.
Best,
Mark

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Best wishes on the recovery & rehab Lady Moose. I've had numerous orthopedic injuries & they all took a year until I was back 100%. You can function after 3 mos but not the same as before. It takes time.

Take care,
Special Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Michelle ,
Mandy and I feel so badly for you! Our very best regards and wishes for a quick recovery.
I think you have earned a special trophy for the next rally!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm sorry to hear the news of your incident at the rally Michelle. I saw you and John at the check in desk when you arrived. I was shocked and saddened to hear the news about the incident .. :frown I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope to see you both in Detroit !! :thumbsup

Alexander

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 28, 2011
Munich
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and fast rehab Lady Moose. I broke my foot in 2005 and had to learn how to walk again afterwards. Literally !!! The key is to get the best physio that you can then you will be as good as new ! All the best. Alex & Mimo

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
That was quite a souvenir you brought back from Vegas! So sorry when we heard. I'm sure John will be peeling grapes for you though while you recover.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Thanks for all the get well wishes! Brief update: I have a trimalleolar fracture. I was too swollen last week for surgery, so repairs will be made this Wednesday. As Ralphie said, I'm in good spirits (as usual) and fully expect all to go well. I will be sure to follow doctors orders!! The 6-8 week time frame Mr. Moose mentioned is just the "no weight bearing" period. I know I'm facing a longer recovery than that. Since I've never had a broken bone before, I guess I did it with gusto this time!

I have three versions of events, based on who I'm talking to. #1 involves a burning building, babies, and puppies. Of course I save them all but break my ankle jumping off the balcony. #2 what happens in Vegas... #3 the uneventful truth.

Again - I appreciate the help I received when it happened and all your comments here. See you in Detroit!!

Lady Moose

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Take care Lady Moose!!! Do your physical therapy and exercises afterwards. It's more important than the surgery.

Good luck!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Take care Lady Moose!!! Do your physical therapy and exercises afterwards. It's more important than the surgery.

Good luck!

Well, I wouldn't go that far......:slap
Ask for your external fixator parts, Michelle. Will make a nice conversation piece:) Good luck!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Howdy again -
I've had a few people ask me how I'm doing, so here's the latest...
I finally has surgery on 10/29; I now have a large plate and 10 screws in my ankle (and a couple of lovely scars). I started physical therapy this week. I now realize how much work I have ahead of me to be walking again! That said, I expect to be back to work by the beginning of the year and my therapist knows I have to be able to walk on sand by May for our trip to Jersey Channel Island, UK.

I know prayer works, so send 'em my way for an uneventful, steady, and (relatively) pain free therapy period. And, again, thank you to everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

Michele
aka Lady Moose