Rally 9 - Pics and Vids

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Thanks for posting your videos twobjshelbys, I ended up having to miss the final evening of the Rally due to my daughter testing for a new belt at tae kwon do (just made the tail end of her awards). It was nice to see the video of the event - thanks for taking it!

Lance

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...due to my daughter testing for a new belt at tae kwon do...

Lance

'Small world! 'Granddaughter just earned her latest T.K.D. belt last Saturday!

'Apologies for the drift...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here is a lap from the lead follow session in the morning. I chose this one because I loved the Lotus!

[video=youtube;wMnNazZ_ijA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnNazZ_ijA[/video]

Sorry about the sound - camera is inside. It's way too quiet in there. You can hear the radio (if it is on, which it rarely is) with the windows open.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
tony - where did you have the camera mounted? Suction cup?
andy

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
tony - where did you have the camera mounted? Suction cup?
andy

Yes suction cup on the windshield and the camera positioned just below the rear view mirror. After seeing people place them in various outside places I'll do it but I was worried about it not sticking. There were a couple where it was even on the driver's outside mirror!

My original GoPro battery wouldn't hold a charge so I bought a new Hero4 black. It's awesome and with the mobile phone app you can aim it pretty easily. I did buy the display back anyway.

I was using the open back housing. A "skeleton" might be a better inside mount.

P.S. On the video the still frame youtube chose is a good shot !

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Tony,

What a blast that day. Thanks for sharing.

Vince H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here's two laps from the first intermediate session in the afternoon. Don't laugh too much - I'd never driven the car on a track before so was learning the car and the track at the same time. It takes me a few extra laps to get the lay of it since I essentially have only one eye - lazy eye on the right - so no depth perception. Oh, you probably didn't want to know that. :)

[video=youtube;PCf0w7X-1W8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf0w7X-1W8[/video]

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tony . YES...My Blue (600HPGT) was one car with the suction cup and camera mounted on the LH Outside Drivers mirror top. The flat -top of the mirror has enough surface area to hold it tight. I got the idea from DoctorV from Erie Pa. Eric had his mounted to the mirror so I got the courage to do mine there too. It 'stayed put' for all of the Intermediate Sessions that I ran and was still very very tight at the end of the day when time to remove it. You can also reach out from your window to turn it on and off. (can't figure out the remote yet). So, I have a lot more confidence in the suction cup than I had before.
andy(AJB)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony . YES...My Blue (600HPGT) was one car with the suction cup and camera mounted on the LH Outside Drivers mirror top. The flat -top of the mirror has enough surface area to hold it tight. I got the idea from DoctorV from Erie Pa. Eric had his mounted to the mirror so I got the courage to do mine there too. It 'stayed put' for all of the Intermediate Sessions that I ran and was still very very tight at the end of the day when time to remove it. You can also reach out from your window to turn it on and off. (can't figure out the remote yet). So, I have a lot more confidence in the suction cup than I had before.
andy(AJB)

In the past I had mounted mine in the center of the windshield (in front of the mirror) before, but it was not accessible to turn off or on, so I just turned it on and let the battery run out. That would be a good mounting place with the Hero4 and remote/app.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
The Matech GT1 car (and lucky & fortunate caretaker/owner) is proud of the Best in Show from the Rally. I received the award in the mail this week and thought I'd take a few minutes out of my day to take some quick pictures and a short video clip... Much appreciated and completely unexpected.

Life is good,

Lance

[video=youtube_share;SvSOQQv8zqM]http://youtu.be/SvSOQQv8zqM?list=UUveOJhIrBwh8pJJOsg3VYxw[/video]

10724811_1591394967746741_66206425_n.jpg

1517050_1544936859076653_1045815715_n.jpg

10748044_729495570458169_894177346_n.jpg

10748116_782853108427183_1578870469_n.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for bringing them. They are so awesome!

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Lance congrats! Hope to see this car run someday! If you plan to run the car next year, let us know at which events. Thank you again!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Found some spectator footage from the car show at Shelby American

[video=youtube;OJyfpkIsF1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJyfpkIsF1w[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sweet!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Nice Ed, thanks

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just a heads up. All of the photos I posted here (and on this forum in general) reside at Photobucket. Photobucket has recently changed their policy to allow links to images on Forums only from a fully paid account, which costs something like $500/year. These images are in an intermediate account that I am informed in an email today will allow the links until that account expires at which time it would have to be renewed at the full rate. I think that is in October, 2017. After that the images will no longer appear. If you see any of my pictures that you want you can capture them from the page here or contact me and I'll send you one (within email limits).

Anyone else with a "free or minimal" account will also be affected. Images on the web are falling like flies. Maybe they will rethink their pricing policy but it seems that Photobucket really doesn't want to have customers...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just a heads up. All of the photos I posted here (and on this forum in general) reside at Photobucket. Photobucket has recently changed their policy to allow links to images on Forums only from a fully paid account, which costs something like $500/year. These images are in an intermediate account that I am informed in an email today will allow the links until that account expires at which time it would have to be renewed at the full rate. I think that is in October, 2017. After that the images will no longer appear. If you see any of my pictures that you want you can capture them from the page here or contact me and I'll send you one (within email limits).

Anyone else with a "free or minimal" account will also be affected. Images on the web are falling like flies. Maybe they will rethink their pricing policy but it seems that Photobucket really doesn't want to have customers...

Photobucket got a new CEO and they have restored hosting, so anyone that used Photobucket to host forum photos (aka, "third party hosting") the "you can't get there from here" image that showed up should now be replaced by the image. If you deleted your images from Photobucket the image is gone and the link can't be restored though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/...cket-drops-pricing-that-angered-millions.html

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Photobucket got a new CEO and they have restored hosting, so anyone that used Photobucket to host forum photos (aka, "third party hosting") the "you can't get there from here" image that showed up should now be replaced by the image. If you deleted your images from Photobucket the image is gone and the link can't be restored though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/...cket-drops-pricing-that-angered-millions.html

Well, that's a bit of good news!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Photobucket changed again. Now they just display a blurred image.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tuesday Pre-rally drive to Mt. Charleston. Part 1

The Mt. Charleston Lodge burned down last night. The fire was limited to the restaurant/bar area and is a total loss.

(More pics from this drive start in reply #84)

Last edited: