Ford GT performance at Mecum Chicago Oct, 2014

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I realize that alot of you are focused on the Rally.

There were three Ford GTs at this auction:

Lot S125.1 2006 Heritage 182 miles. Did not meet reserve with final hammer at 425K.

Lot S147.1 2006 black/silver 300 miles sold for 335K

Lot S162 2005 red no stripe 384 miles sold for 300K

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Is that with fees?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is that with fees?

Hammer price. Add Mecum tax of 8%

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
impressive sale on the black/silver car.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Prices are still strong for low mileage cars. What do you all think of a blue/white with 6k?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
impressive sale on the black/silver car.

Red no stripe brought a pretty good price too

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Compared to the measly amount (so to speak) that the red car brought at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas this really has me puzzled - I do not know why the red car with double digit mileage hammered for so little at B-J last month / was it because it was a canadian spec car?? thoughts........

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Compared to the measly amount (so to speak) that the red car brought at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas this really has me puzzled - I do not know why the red car with double digit mileage hammered for so little at B-J last month / was it because it was a canadian spec car?? thoughts........

Having sold and (unfortunately bought) quite a few cars at auction, I will tell you it's anyone's guess. Auctions do not represent perfect competition, meaning the demand or supply isn't market equal at all auctions. There are more than a few astute buyers at auctions looking for that car that falls through the cracks with a buyer needing to get liquid. Vice-versa is true, ask anyone who sold a Dino or 190SL lately. The trend is the key, and low mileage FGTs are continuing an upward march. I would be asking for a build sheet/spec before purchasing a Heritage right now (side note). If this continues, then all FGTs will be brought up with the tide in correlation to their mileage.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
With a no reserve auction, you hope to generate more excitement because buyers know that the car will be sold but sometimes the buyers are not there at and the seller loses. That was certainly the case at BJ. Bottom line is with an auction, you never know what is going to happen. I was at Mecum and was happy to see that the red and black car did really well.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I realize that alot of you are focused on the Rally.

There were three Ford GTs at this auction:

Lot S125.1 2006 Heritage 182 miles. Did not meet reserve with final hammer at 425K.

Lot S147.1 2006 black/silver 300 miles sold for 335K

Lot S162 2005 red no stripe 384 miles sold for 300K

thanx 4 the info :biggrin