100 Octane Fuel At/Near Spring Mountain

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Many of you with Whipples or Turbos may elect to run 100 Octane fuel at the track event for an extra measure of insurance. (Personally, I'd recommend it.)

Luckily, 100 octane fuel is available near the race track. From the track, make a right onto Highway 160 and head toward Pahrump. At the first traffic light you come to (~3 miles) there is a shell station on the right side. There is a second set of pumps there (almost like 2 gas stations in one) and at this second set of pumps (NOT the ones under the Shell roof), you can get pay-at-the-pump 100 Octane unleaded fuel. Price is $7.49 per gallon.

Be careful exiting the gas station on the side street (enabling you to make a left on Hwy 160) and head back to SM. This driveway is steep so make sure you have a good angle on it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So there is no fuel on site at all?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
So there is no fuel on site at all?

Yes, at a higher cost and for members only.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Kendall,
I am pretty sure they sell fuel to track attendees. I will confirm.

Yes, at a higher cost and for members only.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
It just boils down to the time it takes to go off site for fuel, during the day.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Trust Terry's advice. I didn't think they were set up to take payments as I've only seen them put it on a Member's bill. In that case, remember your last name.. C A R L S O N!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
That account has been tapped out long ago.... :biggrin
I did confirm and gas is available on site with credit card. :thumbsup

Trust Terry's advice. I didn't think they were set up to take payments as I've only seen them put it on a Member's bill. In that case, remember your last name.. C A R L S O N!