Lime Rock Test and Tune Day

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I know this isn't an FGT but it is a cool Ford. I just purchased a '65 Shelby GT350 #5S359 from a friend of mine and I am keeping it race prepped by Cobra Automotive in CT. Lime Rock Test and Tune Day was my first time in the car and I took a video of one of the sessions (best time was 1:08 for those of you that know the track). First race will be Sebring with HSR in December. I thought you guys that like vintage racing might enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbkBYT-HVbc

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Awesome! Man, I love the list of cars in your sig...

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I guess I should add 05 Ford GT to the signature!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Yes! Plus add the 05 GT!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Very cool ride!

1:08 pretty good for some old iron.

Cobra Automotive has some great guys and cars, and they take Vintage Racing VERY seriously.

Keep us posted when you are going to be at Lime Rock, and maybe some of us east-coasters can come root you on. Get roketman to give you some tips. He tears that place up in his Porsche.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Post the 911 Singer pics

Will be epic

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

+1

:cheers
Anders

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sweet Car!

And Anders I immediately though of you as this is "your" type of vehicle!

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Very cool ride!

1:08 pretty good for some old iron.

Cobra Automotive has some great guys and cars, and they take Vintage Racing VERY seriously.

Keep us posted when you are going to be at Lime Rock, and maybe some of us east-coasters can come root you on. Get roketman to give you some tips. He tears that place up in his Porsche.

Thank you!

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Here is what the Singer will look like:

Also, Singer provides an online photo album of the build, check it out so far, not much to see as the car is at ARIA getting carbon fiber fitted:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104780326713421568726/28INDIANA?authkey=Gv1sRgCJn2uYauxOOd4QE

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Love the Singer, but now you've GOT to post pix of the Charger 500. A Hemi? What did they make, 60 of those?

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
The 69 Hemi Charger 500 is dear to me for several reasons. First, I live in Lawrenceburg IN at this car was purchased new by Francis Young of Lawrenceburg IN. I am the 3rd owner and it's never left a 20 mile radius of where resides now. Second, the car is 100% original including the drive train, it only has 14K miles and most of those were a 1/4 mile at a time at Edgewater Raceway in Cleves OH (see drag racing pic from the 70s). There were 67 Hemi Charger 500s produced (27 4-speeds and 40 automatics). This is a Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding car with the Mr. Norms headers and tune completed the day he bought it, how many of those are there, maybe a couple.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is incredible. I'm a sucker for original unrestored cars. Have fun at lrp, my local track, raced there MANY times...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Love to see the original paperwork on cars! Imagine, this one was sold as less than MSRP - no dealer ADM!

Very cool!

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Love that sound! Looks like the car doesn't like coming out of Big Bend. Was there fluid on the track? If not, I would ask the race prep shop to watch the video, might need some suspension adjustments.

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Love that sound! Looks like the car doesn't like coming out of Big Bend. Was there fluid on the track? If not, I would ask the race prep shop to watch the video, might need some suspension adjustments.

Good point, I struggled with Big Bend all day. It would oversteer every time on Big Bend and then push into the left-hander. A little bit me, not finding the line, a little bit the suspension I suppose.