Rally 9 Parking Garage

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here is the FYI on the parking garage:

We will be on the 4th Floor in the expansion lot. There are 99 parking spaces, with an entrance and an exit. The security booth is nearby, and the area is patrolled by bike and is monitored by camera. The entire area will be coned off and have signage. It will be reserved exclusively for our use beginning on Monday, October 13th.

Just a piece of advice, if your car is lowered, be sure to use care going up and down the ramps. It is a wide parking garage, so please take it on an angle. I don't recall anyone having a problem in 2008, but thought I would throw that out there as a heads up.

From Mandalay Bay Road, the lot is accessed by turning just behind Delano Las Vegas if you are coming from the strip.

:cheers

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is this for people staying at the hotel only or are locals coming to the hotel events allowed in?

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Further to DBK's post... be careful when pulling out of the parking lot and onto the street as it is VERY greasy/ slippery.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
- What about early arrivals?

- Any provision for wide doors, or are we stuck with one standard space per car? I foresee many bumped heads, at least for me. Ouch!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Tony, your GT will gain you entrance anywhere.

Sunday seems to be the earliest arrival. Let's just claim some space on the 4th floor.

Don't know what an expansion lot is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for the heads up. I am lowered. Yikes!

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Amy and I land at noon at Macarron on Sunday.. Im hoping to be there early enough to help the Reliable driver unload and get everybody parked safely Sunday afternoon.. Havent heard from reliable yet... I will find out whos on the truck with me hopefully soon... Eric

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Margaret and I arrive on Saturday and hopefully so will the Reliable Truck from Michigan with 5 - 6 vehicles. So we will unload vehicles Saturday afternoon and park on the 4th floor .
andy AJB

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
What about where we park our trucks and trailers

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
"Reliable"!

My car is somewhere, and due to get to Sonoma sometime.

Hopefully in time to enjoy somewhat and then drive to Vegas.

Originally was supposed to get to CA before me, and Forum guys set me up with a storage place. ( thanks Ed Sims and bonehead)

Now I'll get to CA before car. I'm sitting at Kennedy now. At least now the car is supposed to be delivered to the hotel. Any bets?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Reliable will pick up my car Monday or Tuesday no idea of delivery. If it arrives on or before Sunday I will pick it up and drive it to Spring Mountain for the Corvette driving experience. If not I will be there Tuesday afternoon and hope someone can oversee the unload.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Angst

For those of you new to the rally and transporting your car to the event, just chill a bit. There appears to be much angst over being at the Delano when your car transporter shows up. Relax!

There are always a number of owners who arrive early and stay late. These owners are more than willing to help the driver unload/load your special car. It his been this way at every rally and it always works out. If you are not there and your car arrives (and it is exciting for any owner to see a semi of FGTs pull up to the hotel even if his car is not on the load) someone will carefully off load your car, fill out the inspection sheet, move your car carefully to the FGT parking area and either keep the keys in his pocket until you arrive or coordinate with DBK as to where the keys will be. Same is true for the homebound trip if you have to jump on an early flight and the transporter has not arrived for pick up. Your car will be taken care of.

For the first time ever the carrier, Reliable, will likely have Mike there at the hotel to further coordinate the offload. We have never had a carrier representative actually at the destination to oversee a smooth delivery process which points to Reliable's goal of a great shipping experience for all owners.

Just give them a chance to deliver.:wink

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
For those of you new to the rally and transporting your car to the event, just chill a bit. There appears to be much angst over being at the Delano when your car transporter shows up. Relax!

There are always a number of owners who arrive early and stay late. These owners are more than willing to help the driver unload/load your special car. It his been this way at every rally and it always works out. If you are not there and your car arrives (and it is exciting for any owner to see a semi of FGTs pull up to the hotel even if his car is not on the load) someone will carefully off load your car, fill out the inspection sheet, move your car carefully to the FGT parking area and either keep the keys in his pocket until you arrive or coordinate with DBK as to where the keys will be. Same is true for the homebound trip if you have to jump on an early flight and the transporter has not arrived for pick up. Your car will be taken care of.

For the first time ever the carrier, Reliable, will likely have Mike there at the hotel to further coordinate the offload. We have never had a carrier representative actually at the destination to oversee a smooth delivery process which points to Reliable's goal of a great shipping experience for all owners.

Bill is correct someone will always get this done and I've found reliable very efficient with information.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Also , for those of you towing your own cars in your own trailers... At Rally II , The Delano (it was THE HOTEL at that time) has the biggest convention parking lot on the strip. When I arrived from Michigan, I pulled into the lot (the big one that Dave shows on his map) , found a nice spot , parked the truck and trailer , winched the GT out of the trailer and then left the F-150 and trailer still connected , parked in the same location for the Full Week...
Then loaded back up at the end of the event.
andy (ajb)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

I live only a few miles from the hotel so if anyone needs someone there to receive an incoming car or to supervise loading of an outbound car let me know. I would be available from the Friday before to the Sunday after.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+ what ever number! I've never actually unloaded my car at a rally!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^I believe I unloaded yours at Rally 7. Same truck as mine. I'm still flexible enough climb in the window with minimal contact (no shoes, no sharp objects, heavy blanket over the door).

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
GTs are big. Tight fit. Bill's on top, John's below.

5D3_2867.jpg

Me getting into my car.

5D3_2877.jpg

Unloading John's.

5D3_2873.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have not been impressed by Un Reliable thus far.The called me today at 3pm and asked if they could pick up at 5pm .So I said Sunday am is fine thank you!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
+ what ever number! I've never actually unloaded my car at a rally!

and I have never shipped my car to a rally!