All Signs Point to a New Ford GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hope they build it and I can afford it.:thumbsup

But but, a 2016 model year car would have to be "out and about". There have been photos of a supposed 2016 GT350 floating about for almost a year now. Certainly if a mid engine Ford were to be a play at LeMans in 2016 we would have seen it by now?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
There are pics floating around that look just like our cars.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
But but, a 2016 model year car would have to be "out and about". There have been photos of a supposed 2016 GT350 floating about for almost a year now. Certainly if a mid engine Ford were to be a play at LeMans in 2016 we would have seen it by now?

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. No way that would have stayed quiet this long.

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
Yeah I saw the New FGT last week, it was plugged into a Charging station along 1600 Pennsylvania ave in DC, all the secret service agents were gathered around looking at it instead of manning there post. I remember thinking I hope no ones makes a run for the Oval Office. lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
They didn't make one 10 years ago, why would they do it now. Nice dream, but its not happening. What would the factory street car be?. Corvette isn't doing a thing with a mid engine. Sad to say, ALL cars are so boring there is nothing to talk about. So back to reality, THE FORD GT is the last great super car.
GTJOEY1314, After a 2,000 mile weekend in the GT. Annnnnd loving it.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I don't know how many of you have picked up the new Car and Driver but the 2017 Zora ZR1 was laid out as far as what the suspected body, power train, etc would be. Even Camillo was profiled as his design sketch with a write up about his idea of the C8 Corvette. Anyone else seen it?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Way too many rumors and no DBK in sight. It's gonna happen guys, bank on it!:lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are pics floating around that look just like our cars.

Links, please.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
He's busy dealing with a red Hurricane like nothing we've seen before on our shores. Damn El Niño

Way too many rumors and no DBK in sight. It's gonna happen guys, bank on it!:lol

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
They didn't make one 10 years ago, why would they do it now. Nice dream, but its not happening. What would the factory street car be?. Corvette isn't doing a thing with a mid engine. Sad to say, ALL cars are so boring there is nothing to talk about. So back to reality, THE FORD GT is the last great super car.

More proof it's happening

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Corvette isn't doing a thing with a mid engine.

'Evidently not so, Joey. Word from "reliable sources" is it's supposedly 2-3 years out.

We'll see...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
gtjoey said:

More proof it's happening

:rofl :lol :rofl

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
+1!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Posts coming in so fast I can't keep up!

I'll keep reading and dreaming.

If this ends up coinciding with the next market crash, it might not work out so well.

I hope someone is developing a new Geritol as well.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I hope they build one and use some parts from the old one......transmissions, gauges, etc that are hard to find so we can have a fresh supply. :)

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
You need to listen to Mark Field's report to the Investors Circle two days ago...things are going to get tough
ajb (andy)

Link?