Lamborghini Huracan

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Absolutely gorgeous. Besides the Miura which has always been my all time favorite car, this is the most beautiful lambo ever. I saw a white one here last weekend and could not resist taking some pics. So simple and yet awesome. I thought the white was the best until, seeing the red. Thanks for sharing. Congrats Dave. Enjoy.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Here are the pics of white

Attachments

• Hurican 1.jpg
    Hurican 1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Hurican 2.jpg
    Hurican 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Hurican 3.jpg
    Hurican 3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Hurican 4.jpg
    Hurican 4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Hurican 5.jpg
    Hurican 5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 287

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Great super car with a real nice interior. Enjoy your time with it and don't neglect your GT too much :)

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Great looking car Dave. Can't wait to hear your thoughts compared to some of the others cars you have driven.

Mark H.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Absolutely gorgeous. Besides the Miura which has always been my all time favorite car, this is the most beautiful lambo ever.

I agree.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Finally saw the Huracan in person recently and thought it looked great. Congrats on the purchase.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
*cough* Under Ground Racing *cough*

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
*cough* Under Ground Racing *cough*
That will be interesting!
Very nice car.
Congrats!
Mark

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I must say that is an unexpected bomb shell. Looks awesome and I bet sounds delicious. Congrats and enjoy!

Vince H

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very cool car :thumbsup You are now officially added to the list of Forum members I would consider letting adopt me .... just provide me with a healthy cash allowance for food, drinks and chicks and of course access to the car keys :wink:biggrin

Will you bring it to Vegas?

:cheers
Anders

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thank you for the compliments. It was just total luck that it was available that day and I got to jump the line. I always thought the LP570 cars looked phenomenal in Rosso Mars and I feel especially attached to the color because I had convinced Ray Hofman to order his Aventador and spec it very similarly.

As for the driving, the car is awesome. I think there are good reasons to pick a 458, McLaren or this car, but for me, this would be the car to choose. Partially that's because it's just newer and I like the looks. I parked it today next to my Dad's 458 Spider and we both agreed it's better looking. There are elements of the car where it looks fat from the rear and the black plastic needs to be CF (see superleggera future), but it's a very cohesive overall look and Lambo does so many little touches well right now. Love the headlights and taillights and love the wheels. Lambo is just killing it with their OEM wheels. And the inside is excellent. German engineering, Italian flair. Really love the seats on both looks and comfort and the new digital display is phenomenal. The reveal car I saw was just bland with a light blue exterior and a tan interior. The day the car I ended up buying showed up, someone walked in, saw it getting prepped, and ordered virtually the same car.

It best combines street drivability with excitement of the aforementioned cars. Stick it in Strada and it feels like you're in a super nice, good looking V10 R8 (which some people will take as a criticism, but I think the V10 R8 is one of the best cars on the market). You could easily daily drive this car. The engine note is very nice and they have tuned a comical amount of burble and pop to it on decel. It's like an angry machine gun if you get off the throttle in a tunnel. The biggest surprise to me is how good it is in Sport. Most of the time I stick cars straight into Corsa or Race or whatever the most hardcore mode is. After 200 miles, I think Sport in this car is the best mode. Makes all the fun racket but doesn't seem to kill you on public roads and the trans will revert to auto when you drive regularly. Downshifts in Sport will make you laugh every time.

As for a drag race, no way is this car a 10.5@135 car as per Car and Driver. It's definitely slower than a 616 hp MP4, and while it's faster than a 458, I don't think it would blow it away. But they are all fast, and this car is great fun to just aim and know the AWD and DCT will rocket you straight ahead without fail. I have no impressions to give on curves because we don't have those. It clearly has a huge amount of grip getting on entrance ramps though.

I was worried that this Lamborghini Dynamic Steering would be terrible, but when I drove the demo I think I was unfairly judging the feel based on having just gotten out of a car with no power steering. After driving normal cars, the LDS system feels fine and is really nice in tight spaces.

I was hoping to bring it to Vegas so I could let my best friend/often times biz partner drive it, but unfortunately his Dad was just diagnosed with throat cancer this week, so he will no longer be making the trip.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for the review!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
cc68cd09debcc6f04b0061b3d74dd7e8.jpg

Tough call.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Tough call for sure but BOTH cars look great.....

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
The Lambo looks much better in red than the 458, IMHO. The 458 needs stripes whereas the Lambo looks great.

Treviso

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Great looking car Dave! I am sure that you made Ross VERY happy at Suburban Lambo! There is just something special about those lines...good for you! Enjoy her in good health! Rob

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations and welcome to the weird world of Lamborghini ownership! By the way, as you know the first of four Lambo's I bought was from Suburban in Troy.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
cc68cd09debcc6f04b0061b3d74dd7e8.jpg

Tough call.

Not a tough call at all.

One of each, one subtle and one outrageous!

Enjoy both cars! Life is good!!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Nicely done Dave!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
That last photo is epic. Even the paintings and the reflections from the yellow/blk and heritage add interest. Crazy good.