Unique Appearance in my GT

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This appeared in last night on the way home from the Fall Finale vintage race.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 508

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Awesome Jeff!!!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Perfect

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
So do we need to start a lottery for 150,000 or 200,000?
That's terrific Jeff!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Like I said before:

How can there be more miles on your GT than there are on you? :confused

Oh, wait...I know how...you put the car up on jackstands at night, start 'er up, drop 'er into 6th, and let 'er idle all night long. That must be it.

Uuuh...no...wait a second...that's how the miles were wrung up on mine...:facepalm: :leaving:

CONGRATS, yeeeew ole lounge lizard!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I think that makes you the undisputed high-mileage champ! Any repairs so far, beyond the usual tires and fluids?

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a picture of our Lexus hitting 100,000mi at 100MPH and a picture of the same car at 123,456mi :)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I think that makes you the undisputed high-mileage champ! Any repairs so far, beyond the usual tires and fluids?

Pete, none to date. Just routine by the book maintenance. Drive it, get it dirty, clean it. And repeat.

Rasied a few more dollars for our Children's Hospital this weekend. Took 12 donating friends for about a total of 110 miles at the track this week. They got a 140 mph ride and the uncompensated heart care fund got another cash donation. Everybody wins with a GT.

I'll see if I can get a few photo's. My friend Doug K. & I went out together a few times. His GT is a 1966 historic race car. His passengers loved the "OMG god that GT is on fire" experience and my passengers loved the "lets see how fast we could play catch up to the blue GT" on the straight aways. Fun stuff for sure.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Jeff
Didn't you get Scott's Ohlins?
Are all you gauges still original???

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Yes I did Scott's upgrade last year. Like them a lot.

Yes my gauges are original and work just fine.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
CONGRATS, yeeeew ole lounge lizard!

I truly believe it is YOU that is Larry the Lounge Lizard!

congrats Jeff... keep rolling and hope you didn't jinx yourself on the guages

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

congrats Jeff... keep rolling and hope you didn't jinx yourself on the guages

Either they work or or don't. Mine do.

fyi MT might not know about Larry The Lounge Lizard. He leads a sheltered life amongst the tree huggers and salmon fishermen in his 'hood.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
jeff- you probably have more miles under your butt in reverse than a lot of these guys have driving forward !!! (lol) congrats-scott

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Once again I say; I can't hold a candle to Jeffey in that department either! :facepalm:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
This appeared in last night on the way home from the Fall Finale vintage race.

Still blows me away how you can get 1163.1 miles on a tank of gas. You do reset the tripometer each time you fill up, don't you?
Congrats on a feat that most of us will never acheive (certainly not EP), although, we try!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Still blows me away how you can get 1163.1 miles on a tank of gas. You do reset the tripometer each time you fill up, don't you?
Congrats on a feat that most of us will never acheive (certainly not EP), although, we try!!!

I re-set it when I get the oil changed.

I stopped tracking gas milage a long time ago. This last night I put in 15.5 gallons. To replace the <3 gpm gas I used on the racetrack.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Love it when I'm asked at car shows, how many MPG's I get. I tell them it depends on how hard I'm pushing with the happy pedal. I tell them I can get over 20 MPG's when cruising, but I can also get 2 GPM (gallons per mile) when thrashing it. I also tell them that when putting my right foot in deep, I don't have to watch the speedometer, I can watch the gas gauge go down!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm working on it! Jeff will have to stop driving his GT for me to catch up though!

Ed

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice work Jeff!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Love it when I'm asked at car shows, how many MPG's I get. I tell them it depends on how hard I'm pushing with the happy pedal. I tell them I can get over 20 MPG's when cruising, but I can also get 2 GPM (gallons per mile) when thrashing it.
Not to hijack but I used to do airshows and used to get asked about mpg/flight time in the Tomcat...so I did the math.
We often flew 2+ hour missions but at full throttle (with afterburner) you could burn all 16,000 pounds of internal fuel in 8 minutes