Great Product To Remove Track Rubber Marks From Your GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
When I was at Laguna Seca the guy next to me used a spray (Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover) to remove rubber marks caused by track marbles. I have a white car so the marks are really noticeable. I sprayed the liquid on the mark & with one wipe using a micro cell cloth the black mark was gone. I have had to rub & rub to remove the marks in the past. I wish they had this product years ago. I used it on both the painted part of my GT & the clear bra. It didn't effect either of them. I went to a few car stores in my area to buy some but they never heard of it. I just ordered it from Amazon. You don't have to be a track junkie to use it. If a gator is kicked up on the road this product will work also.

Ed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 10.09.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 10.09.31 PM.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 168

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
here is another good spray. Been using Groits Garage Bug & Smudge remover with the same results. White car too, just go around car and spray and when you back to where you started the rubber wipes off.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
There is a product we used in drag racing called "Burn Out Guard" It was developed by a fellow racer, and worked real good. You sprayed it on prior to hitting the track, and built up rubber just wiped off afterward. It was available in the mid west, but not sure if you can still get it. Maybe Summit or Jegs.

Larry also came up with other things useful to racers. "Canned Air" was a small can about the size of an A/C freon can with a valve for putting a pound or two of air in your slicks. It was disposable, but one can would last most of the season. (think I still have a can in the trailer) For anyone who has drag raced, white shoe polish was used for putting your dial in on the windows. Unfortunately, it was a pain to get off after. Larry developed a formula that wiped right off and left no residue. (think I still have some of that too).

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I use SD-20 for melted rubber removal. Safe for painted surfaces and great for removing brake dust on wheels. It's available on Amazon.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I've used the mothers product, it works. Brake cleaner works VERY well too (maybe not on the GT paint, but crappy painted racecars)

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Well needed. Thanks for the post.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Well needed. Thanks for the post.

You mean your going to actually track your GT again ?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Windex or Simple Green work well.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've used Simple Green, Windex, Goof-off, brake cleaner & other cleaners but the Mother's R3 was amazing. It beats all the others for me.

Ed