Cool Rental Cars for Rally IX

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I rented a F458 from Vegas Luxury Rides this past weekend. The people there were great. A nice customer oriented business. I would never think of driving any car but my GT for the GT Rally. Most of the cars I see non-GT drivers renting are lame: mini-vans, Prius', etc. If you are not going to drive your GT then rent a better car i.e. don't be a complete loser.

www.vegasluxuryrides.com

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
photos of Vegas Luxury Rides

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 315

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you correct them on their ways? I don't see no GT there.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Anders has always rented some pretty nice, trackable cars - Mustangs, Corvettes, Racing Cars - Those are the only rentals I've seen (probably didn't know other rentals were by our group members).

:cheers

:beer2:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, obviously you've forgotten the Ford Edge I had at Rally 2.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ed, what did the rental agreement say about the use of the car? On their website the conditions seem very fair - but did the "small print" have a specific "no track use" clause??

If anyone could direct me to a 2015 Mustang GT I would love to rent that for thursday :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
better than a GT ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Mopar - if you mean the 458, no it was not better than the GT. It's fun car but not as fun as the GT.

Dr Frank - I didn't want to bring the Edge up.

Anders - call Hertz in Vegas to see if they still have their Hertz Penske Mustang GT available. Or I did a search & found a Mustang Shelby GT500 for rent from http://usa.hireluxurycar.com/nevada/las-vegas/rent-muscle-cars I have no experience with them though.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
By the way - for anyone renting any car: never tell them it's for any car event. Rally, car show, track time, parade, etc. They do not like it. Tell them you are sight seeing which is true.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dr Frank - I found a VW van for rent if you're interested. You drive it by day & sleep in it at night! A party van?

Ed

www.sixt.com

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
By the way - for anyone renting any car: never tell them it's for any car event. Rally, car show, track time, parade, etc. They do not like it. Tell them you are sight seeing which is true.

Ed

I agree ... but if the rental agreement says anything specific about this - it´s always good to know in advance so one can find another rental company :)

I have always made sure to return my rental cars with very clean brakediscs .... :wink

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie, obviously you've forgotten the Ford Edge I had at Rally 2.

I thought that was Tim Campbell's February fling at Spring Mountain....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, that was a Flex. but that wasn't a Rally. For Rally II in CA some company paid my way out there for business and i rented a an Edge. Kirby and Tungsten had a convertible.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
VLR are good people and their contract is pretty relaxed. I've rented a McLaren from them a couple times and it was great...except last time when the clutch kept overheating and I had to limp it back to their shop early. They're gunna cut me a deal on my next rental.

Tomcat

GT Owner
My FGT was a performance lease car when new (but not from this agency).

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I agree ... but if the rental agreement says anything specific about this - it´s always good to know in advance so one can find another rental company :)

I have always made sure to return my rental cars with very clean brakediscs .... :wink

How about the cupped/wasted tires?

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Inflate to 45-50 lbs to help with this..... not great for traction though....

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Inflate to 45-50 lbs to help with this..... not great for traction though....

hmmm... sounds like you may have found this out through experience! LOL

Ed

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
"Fear & Loathing" ...Hunter S. Thompson, R.I.P.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Ed

I guess it depends a lot on how aggressive you drive. Being in a rental you know that you need to bring it back in one piece and in good shape so I´m not trying to set lap records by pushing it to the limit in corners or when braking - so I guess I wear the car just as I would have done driving really fast on the street :) Never a single "out of balance" front disc or damaged tire so far - just trying to drive smooth, balanced and hitting the best track line .... as ordered by Dr. Rocketman :biggrin