Rally 10 Dates

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You need to check it out at least once Ed. Quite the freak show.....very entertaining.

Are you attempting to claim that the Rally is not a freak show?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I sort of wonder how many other GT owners are motorcycle enthusiasts...

Do a search - You'll find a few threads on this subject, complete with pictures

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
We dove as much of Route 66 from Chicago as possible. If anyone is driving through of from close to SoCal and wants to drive over in convoy style let me know by a reply or message

Put me on the list. I will be starting out from So Cal.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Put me on the list. I will be starting out from So Cal.

Hilo - have Matson drop it on the dock in Seattle…We could car pool. The northern route is mostly very nice drive. Well that is true except for eastern Montana, N.D., S.D. Ohio, Minn, and Illinois. Especially Illinois!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
PeteK - I would have to say it'll be hard to compare the 10th anniversary celebrations/events for the FGT to anything else.

Ed

X2!!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Agree Jeff. I've driven all 5 major east/west routes and hands down the 90 is the most scenic.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Agree Jeff. I've driven all 5 major east/west routes and hands down the 90 is the most scenic.
If you must take the superslab, I-90 is better than the more southern routes, but for my next cross-country to the PNW I want to drive US 2. I hear that is a great drive, and the parts I have driven make me want to tag the rest.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Western end of Canada Highway 1 is gorgeous from Alberta to British Columbia. The middle and eastern sections I've been on are mostly in need of replacement or major repairs.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo - have Matson drop it on the dock in Seattle…We could car pool. The northern route is mostly very nice drive. Well that is true except for eastern Montana, N.D., S.D. Ohio, Minn, and Illinois. Especially Illinois!

That would work, Jeff.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stay tuned. There is so much going on around this event that we've had to shift the planned dates a couple times.

It's going to be a really unbelievable experience.

I say again.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Stay tuned. There is so much going on around this event that we've had to shift the planned dates a couple times.

It's going to be a really unbelievable experience.

I say again.

I'm flexible - just tell when & where....:thumbsup

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Then you should plan to go to the 75th anniversary of Sturgis too!

But since you mentioned you are a bike nut also, I sort of wonder how many other GT owners are motorcycle enthusiasts...

Since '72

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Totally agree Jeff, Canada 1 is awesome but it takes quite a bit longer to travel. Pete, US 2 goes right by my front door here in Sandpoint and if someone has the time it is a must. However if you are actually traveling east to west or west to east and actually need to do it in some sort of efficient time, the I 90 IMO is the most scenic.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Totally agree Jeff, Canada 1 is awesome but it takes quite a bit longer to travel. Pete, US 2 goes right by my front door here in Sandpoint and if someone has the time it is a must. However if you are actually traveling east to west or west to east and actually need to do it in some sort of efficient time, the I 90 IMO is the most scenic.
Well, there's "good time" with the emphasis on "time," and "good time" with the emphasis on "good." (to plagiarize a line from Robert Pirsig). I'd still like to do US 2 sometime.

Have the Rally X dates been set yet?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No. DBK will work on it. Probably hear more about it in February.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I hope to make Detroit this year, but anxious because family events are starting to get announced. I know an event like this hinges on the timing of a bunch of things so I'll patiently wait for Dave to work out the details.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So close to event announcement it is painful.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So close to event announcement it is painful as an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

Fixed it for you.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Fixed it for you.

I think we should elevate Xcentric to moderator status.:wink