Rally 10 Dates

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I noted on the top line that the next rally will be in Detroit. Does anyone have the dates yet? I'd like to plan to attend that one, as I won't make it to Rally 9 this year.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It'll be in the fall most likely. Exact dates probably by early 2015.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stay tuned. There is so much going on around this event that we've had to shift the planned dates a couple times.

It's going to be a really unbelievable experience.

Still "sometime in August", I hope?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I hope it's not the first week of August (3-9)--that's the 75th anniversary of Sturgis Bike Week, and I want to do that next year too.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
PeteK - I would have to say it'll be hard to compare the 10th anniversary celebrations/events for the FGT to anything else.

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rumor has it some really cool happenings! Be there or be square.
The only thing I can tell you is Mark McGowan(Mr Ford GT) will be giving autographs!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not a rumor. It's a guarantee!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
PeteK - I would have to say it'll be hard to compare the 10th anniversary celebrations/events for the FGT to anything else.

Ed
Then you've never been to Sturgis!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I am a motorcycle nut with over 12 bikes & would love to go to Sturgis someday. I still stand by my statement.

Ed

Red Ace

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2009
Pacific Palisades, CA
I've been to Sturgis 10 times with up to 500,000 bikes and 10 or so concerts and lots of scenic rides it's hard to beat. That said this is my 1st GT Rally I'm excited to meet more that love the GT as much as I do. I moved from Ohio to Pacific Palisades a the city between Santa Monica and Malibu. I drove my GT from Columbus Ohio to Vegas had Shelby tune for 91 octane and oil and filter changes and then drove to Santa Monica pier. We dove as much of Route 66 from Chicago as possible. If anyone is driving through of from close to SoCal and wants to drive over in convoy style let me know by a reply or message

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I been to Sturgis for bike week twice. 2006 and 2013.

And both times I had the only Ford GT in town.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I am a motorcycle nut with over 12 bikes & would love to go to Sturgis someday. I still stand by my statement.

Ed

Then you should plan to go to the 75th anniversary of Sturgis too!

But since you mentioned you are a bike nut also, I sort of wonder how many other GT owners are motorcycle enthusiasts...

+1, riding since 1963

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
52 years in the saddle. total number of bikes owned is beyond my current memory allotment.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
52 years in the saddle. total number of bikes owned is beyond my current memory allotment.

Kinda nice isn't it.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Rode to work today.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Rode the 2010 Harley UltraClassic Limited to the DBK ICON Motors garage just today.... 75 degrees and sunny here in Detroit.
ajb (andy)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Ed

You need to check it out at least once Ed. Quite the freak show.....very entertaining. I've ridden it a half dozen times with only buddies but in '10 we took the motor homes and wives. They are still laughing and talking about it!

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I just noticed that this 'thread " sort of got HI-JACKED along the way...
andy (AJB)