Mods, how about a little courtesy?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I have not posted a lot here so I am trying to get use to the way it is ran. When you move peoples thread, how about a quick pm letting the person know where and why it was moved? That way we know next time where to that type of thread goes. This is a common thing on other sites. It is frustrating to see the thread moved and have to search for it then not really understand why it got moved.

I have no problem following the rules, but a little help would be good for both party's. :thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
An easy way to keep visibility of threads you are interested in is to subscribe. "Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread." Very useful when you're trying to find an older thread.

I'm not certain that subscriptions follow moved threads, but they should.

Also, you can view your activity in "My Profile."

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Xcentric. I will do that next time.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Gary,

You really are a quick study!

I am continually impressed with your knowledge of our car (and the part number details) and now on how Dave runs this Forum and the intricies of the various functions available to us.
Thanks for your recommendations, even from an old Forum salt.

(And I do not think you are a whiner....):thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
txviper,

I did not move any of your posts or threads but I do move threads on occasion. It's easy to find any of your own posts by clicking on your name on any other post you put up. A menu will pop up that includes "find posts". Click on that and a list of your posts and threads will pop up including any that have been moved. Then just click on the one you want to see. Usually when a thread is moved the reason is obvious or at least the mod thinks it's obvious. Like a tech thread in the "for sale" section. All the best.

Chip