How many Ford GT owners are there?

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
We always talk about how many Ford GTs are out there remaining and speculating on future pricing, which is fun stuff but the key to controlling the future of the market will fall on the wonderful dedicated owners,here's the question, do you guys think it's possible to get to a exclusive club of 1000 owners?
I bring this up for fun because I just bought my second Ford GT (2005 white to add to my 2006 t gray) man if I had more money I would love two more,! Lol. Thanks Phil

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
you only have 2 ??? lol

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
assuming there are only 3000 or so left i would think 2000 owners would be more realistic at this point in time.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The answer is 2,342.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
4,038 total built. Minus wrecked ones? Minus guys who own 3 or more already. then divide by 2. equals about 1,500 owners club. Lol.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Then subtract the ones that have been exported. A couple weeks ago, at Katies Cars & Coffee in Great Falls VA, I was chatting about that with a gentleman who owns several aftermarket parts companies (dang, can't remember his name). He thought that more than 1000 had been exported, based on what he had seen. That seems high to me, but I don't have much observation of the export market. Back out those that have been wrecked or turned into race cars (maybe another 1000?), then if the export number is true, there are about 2000 cars left in the US and Canada. Does anyone have good insight into the number exported and wrecked or otherwise not streetable?

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
there are a lot of wrecked cars put back on the road ,I personaly think that 200 to 300 cars are no longer around or maybe parts cars

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Oops

Last edited:

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I will be joining the 3 GT owner club next week. Very excited!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Less than the number of FGTs. :lol

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That's a good assumption! LOL

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I will be joining the 3 GT owner club next week. Very excited!

Congrats!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Less than the number of FGTs. :lol

Simple rules of economics suggest that if there were more FGT's than there were owners, they would be VERY inexpensive.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Then subtract the ones that have been exported. A couple weeks ago, at Katies Cars & Coffee in Great Falls VA, I was chatting about that with a gentleman who owns several aftermarket parts companies (dang, can't remember his name). He thought that more than 1000 had been exported, based on what he had seen. That seems high to me, but I don't have much observation of the export market. Back out those that have been wrecked or turned into race cars (maybe another 1000?), then if the export number is true, there are about 2000 cars left in the US and Canada. Does anyone have good insight into the number exported and wrecked or otherwise not streetable?

Of the 4,038 built, 277 originally went to Canada, 165 were exported, and 3,596 stayed home. Originally.

Treviso

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
I would think that virtually every FGT that was involved in an accident, no matter how bad, would be rebuilt considering the price of the car. These cars are just too valuable to scrap and these days, virtually any damage can be fixed. Do we know if any just got junked and didn't get rebuilt? I know the FGT Guys have performed some real miracles putting these cars back together, having seen one on a recent visit to their shop. An owner was picking up his FGT that was badly damaged and it looked like a new car. They showed me the old panels and damaged pieces and I was just stunned that they could restore that mess...Those guys do amazing work, aka "Miracle" workers!
The true number of cars rebuilt from a twisted mess would be an interesting statistic to see.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I would think that virtually every FGT that was involved in an accident, no matter how bad, would be rebuilt considering the price of the car.

Some wrecks may be sacraficed for parts to rebuild other wrecks...just my two cents.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats!

Thank you sir! This one will complete my collection of GTs. Its a pretty special one. Well....until the next one comes along :)

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
I would think that virtually every FGT that was involved in an accident, no matter how bad, would be rebuilt considering the price of the car. These cars are just too valuable to scrap and these days, virtually any damage can be fixed. Do we know if any just got junked and didn't get rebuilt? I know the FGT Guys have performed some real miracles putting these cars back together, having seen one on a recent visit to their shop. An owner was picking up his FGT that was badly damaged and it looked like a new car. They showed me the old panels and damaged pieces and I was just stunned that they could restore that mess...Those guys do amazing work, aka "Miracle" workers!
The true number of cars rebuilt from a twisted mess would be an interesting statistic to see.
Just look at X2 builders how many cars he has parted out .

ken qv

Sep 8, 2009
Tampa FL.
Gentlemen good afternoon.. I have also wondered about these questions and possible numbers. Has anyone started an INTERNATIONAL REGISTRY where owners can submit their info and a log can be started to keep track of these special cars? Maybe with an Observer section so others can also post about cars they have seen on the road or at shows..?
Best Regards