Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The F-16 is the GT of fighters. So so sad to see it debased as a target drone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Bigger Better Faster... F22 (or the illusive F19) needs fresh meat.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I wonder if they will start to show up as civilian warbirds.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Bigger Better Faster... F22 (or the illusive F19) needs fresh meat.

Mark, you forgot

CO$$$$$$TLIER

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
As with the driverless cars of the future, the future air force will have more pilotless drone planes. Just think about the extra stuff than can use the space and weight of the missing pilot.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Guess it is better to go down in a blaze of glory than being picked apart in a boneyard. Especially if it trains up our guys.

All the time I spent on the flight line I thought it was trippy how small the 16s were, bouncing around, compared to our 15Es and the F4s, Tornados, etc. Then I saw one flying next to a P-51.

Give them to ISIS. That would be fun for our guys.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I missed the Battle of Britain and the 60's muscle car era (I was not old enough to drive, born in 59)...but I've tried to make up for it (TA-4, TA-7, F-14, F/A-18, FGT)!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I missed the Battle of Britain and the 60's muscle car era (I was not old enough to drive, born in 59)...but I've tried to make up for it (TA-4, TA-7, F-14, F/A-18, FGT)!

59 Was indeed a great year to be born in!

Nothing like the equipment you got to fly - but currently flying a L39 (only one with a Garrett TFE731)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

:biggrin

Tomcat

GT Owner
59 Was indeed a great year to be born in!

Nothing like the equipment you got to fly - but currently flying a L39 (only one with a Garrett TFE731)

That is cool...mine were "borrowed" from the US taxpayers and people who voted to support the administartion that valued a strong military deterrence...THANK YOU!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Check this out :eek MIG-29 in the states for sale

http://flightplanet.com/jet-aircraft-for-sale/mikoyan/mig-29__3698.php

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
59 Was indeed a great year to be born in!...

Geez - I graduated from High School in '59 - Damn!!

:eek:ld:

:bang

Tomcat

GT Owner

Maybe I give up my McLaren F-1 idea...but it does not have a tailhook? :)
I'm going to need a Partner/Pilot (or a lot more flying instructions)...as I am a RIO

Tomcat

GT Owner

That is amazing to own that level of a aircraft...are you ex-military (where did you get your jet traiining)?
600mph...what is the max G?
The guy I was crew'd with in the Navy imported CASA jets (and I guess trained pilots) in the '90s.
The

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I would like to hear what Waldo has to say...........

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That is amazing to own that level of a aircraft...are you ex-military (where did you get your jet traiining)?
600mph...what is the max G?
The guy I was crew'd with in the Navy imported CASA jets (and I guess trained pilots) in the '90s.
The

Thanks! Its pretty fun! Hopefully more reliable with the American engine (not that the original was a bad engine). The plane is rated for +8 -4 Gs

I am not ex-military - but go my jet training from a former Air Force F16 Instructor.

Tomcat

GT Owner
The plane is rated for +8 -4 Gs
That's a LOT of Gs...the TomCat would be popping rivets (actually calfax) and panels!
Have fun...check six!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That's a LOT of Gs...the TomCat would be popping rivets (actually calfax) and panels!
Have fun...check six!

The plane can handle the Gs. The pilot - not as much....

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I would like to hear what Waldo has to say...........
Well, since you asked... :lol

I find it ironic that Boeing is converting Lockheed aircraft into target drones. I guess paybacks are a bitch.

I hate to see any fighter turned into cannon (missile) fodder, but we've about used all of the QF-4 Phantom drones. (I think there's actually a QF-4 in the video at the 2:20 minute mark.) The F-16s that are being converted are almost 30 years old. The newer ones are much more capable and have much better performance than those made 30 years ago. Besides, if we need new F-16s, I happen to know a company that still makes them. That same company also happens to make a fighter that is much more capable than the F-16. Operators are standing by to take your order.

That would be awesome. I'll take two.

...currently flying a L39 (only one with a Garrett TFE731)
I would love to chat with you about owning a L39. I'm trying to figure out if owning one (and remaining married) is in the realm of the possible.

Cheers,
Waldo