Is it worth supercharging a Raptor?

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thinking about adding a little juice to my truck since the GT has enough (for now). Has anyone supercharged their Raptor? If so, what setup did you with and was it worth it? What does your mpg go down to?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
My business partner bought a Hennessey supercharged Raptor (5.4 Liter) 4 to 5 years ago from Shelby (Elite Motors) and has had "0" problems and it runs great. Very fast and lots of torque. Not sure the year of the truck but it was number 1 or 2 that Hennessey did. Can't help but think they have done nothing but get better technology over the years. He drives 120 miles a day and get the same or better than a stock truck.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I have a '14 Raptor with a dealer installed Rousch 590 package.( only way to get one in Canada) I can't comment on the comparison to stock as I had it installed upon delivery from the factory however it seems to have only adequate torque even for for such a heavy unit. I am a bit disappointed with the performance but I have only put on 3,000 miles so far....it feels a bit sluggish at mid range rpm.....hopefully it will loosen up.
As far as mileage goes, I am currently getting low teens.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Hellion makes a twin turbo kit that is supposed to be flawless.
550 wheel hp on low boost.
Best,
Mark

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm installing a 2.9 Whipple on mine right now, should have it done this weekend.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My 14 raptor is fine just the way it is. If I want to drive something faster, I get into a car.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
My 14 raptor is fine just the way it is. If I want to drive something faster, I get into a car.

We were concerned, so we had YOUR Raptor factory speed limited to 55 mph. :rofl

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well it didn't work, it peacefully rolls at 80 with ease.....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

You forgot to mention that you fiddled with the speedo to read way high

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
You forgot to mention that you fiddled with the speedo to read way high

Will set him back a small fee to get everything back to factory. But until he figures it out, he's accumulating mileage at 1.25xactual.. ;-))

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Thinking about adding a little juice to my truck since the GT has enough (for now). Has anyone supercharged their Raptor? If so, what setup did you with and was it worth it? What does your mpg go down to?

Nate,

M2K Motorsports not only does Ford GTs, they also have experience supercharging and turbocharging the Ford Raptor as well!! Depending on what power level you are looking for they would be a great option for your build.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I just put roush tuner kit on with bump up to 650 HP and roughly 500rwhp. The truck was strong enough before. Now it just has great take off and jump. No effect on mpg for everyday driving.