MVP Track Time 2015 COTA track days

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
MVP has COTA track days scheduled for February 27, 28 & March 1 (3 Days on the track). Chance of a lifetime to run on an F1 track.

You can go to his web site to pay and register. www.mvptracktime.com/ Or i can email you the info. I will be there.:willy:eek

blake@biginch.net

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Just sent in my registration request for this event. See if I get in.

Thanks for the heads up.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'm in! Thanks for the heads-up Blake, see you there.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Blake,

I am signed up. And so is the returning crew of Tony, Ian, Kevin. This is my favorite time on a track each year.
Month later may help with the weather also. Now we need to get Ben Beckert and John to sign up.

Larry Boatner

F

Feffman

Good Evening GT Fans:

Blake, thought I'd post this a little early for the GT fans. :cheers

As the subject line notes, it’s time to think about three of days of driving on America’s only purpose built F1 track, Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas. MVP Track Time has scheduled the three-day track event for February 27 – March 1, 2015.

Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the cost to play at COTA. The entry fee for all three days is $1,350, a little cheaper (HA, HA) than 2014. Like our previous visits to COTA, this will be for Advanced and Intermediate experience level drivers only. If you are in doubt whether you meet the Advanced or Intermediate criteria, don’t hesitate to call us. As with previous years, there are only 140 (four run groups of 35 each) available for COTA 2015.

The $1,350 entry fee for all three days at COTA can only be completed with Pay Pal (you can use any major credit card through Pay Pal if you don’t already have a Pay Pal account) at the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JQ3XJ9LSZHJUN

Once you have completed the entry fee, head over to the “Registration Page” of MVP’s web site (link below) to register. You’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the page to complete the blue outlined box. Click on the “Event” drop-down menu and choose Circuit of The Americas February 27 – March 1, 2015.

http://www.mvptracktime.com/id47.html

When we have allocated the registrations by run group, based on track experience, we will send out a group confirmation e-mail to each run group. We will once again have four (blue, green, yellow and red) run groups allowing us to schedule a minimum of two hours of track time each of the three days.

If you have any questions, grab the phone and call me at (314) 249-3770 or you can e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com. Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at COTA.

Mark Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I'm in. Can't wait to do this!
Just sent in my registration request for this event. See if I get in.

Thanks for the heads up.

F

Feffman

Hi All:

We are just past 80% full for COTA February 27 – March 1, 2014. I hope you’ll join us for the on-track fun at COTA.

Registration is available on our web site at: http://www.mvptracktime.com/id47.html [Complete the blue outlined box at the bottom of the registration page]

The $1,350 COTA entry fee via Pay Pal can be completed at:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JQ3XJ9LSZHJUN

If you have any questions, e-mail me at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com or call (314) 249-3770. Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer – MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Phone: (314) 249-3770
E-mail: Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

F

Feffman

Hi All:

We have just 15 spots remaining for COTA February 27 – March 1, 2015. I hope you’ll join us for the on-track fun.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com or call (314) 249-3770. Happy Motoring!

Feff

F

Feffman

MVP Track Time’s February 27 – March 1, 2015 COTA track event is sold out. E-mail your name and cell phone number to Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com to be place on the COTA reserve list.

Feff

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm in also , was in the event last year and it is a blast

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I bet there's no sound limit like in CA!

Ed

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
This is my 3rd year with MVP at this venue. You lard ass guys in FGTs get out of the way. The Caterham is gonna eat your lunch in the esses and twisty sections. 1300 lbs of go cart on steroids. :)

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Well the weather would not cooperate at all. Had a good day Friday but Saturday and Sunday the cold and rain would not go away. Gave us FGT owners plenty of time to talk. It is a great track but the weather was against us. A lot of high end cars at the event that you may never get to see any were else. On Sunday a load of F-1 cares arrived that could be rented for track laps on Monday, best was a 3 seat F-1 car to give rides, could have been interesting if I could have stayed another day.

Attachments

• 3 seat F-1.JPG
    3 seat F-1.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 237

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Or lost 30 lbs.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Or lost 30 lbs.
Tough crowd!!!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yep it was cold and rainy all weekend - was able to get some sessions in on Friday but 34 degrees made it tough to get heat in the tires

did get to visit with Big Inch Blake, ByEnzo, Stormcat, Magic and Texas Mongrel a good bit

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I sat out the first wet cold session on Saturday morning, but then thought "what the hell" and ran everything after that. It was so much fun hooning around the track slipping and sliding everywhere. Mind you, my Mac's computers kept me out of trouble most (not all!) of the time, not sure I would have gone out if I'd been in the GT!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool, Cool, Cold !!

Got to hang out with some cool guys and see some cool cars,,, The weather so friigging cold I actually just thawed out !! A big Thanks to Steve D and " Magic " Gary for sharing the garage.. It was great to hang out with you guys. unfortunately when I was at the track I was taking advantage of the heated seats and heated steering wheel in my Tahoe to stay warm... I've never had them on in Florida !! :biggrin

Other forum members that were there but did get a photo of Big inch Blake, Texas Mongrel, Bye Enzo, Tug Boat, and I heard Silver Bullet was there but I missed him.. Out of my total of 12 scheduled sessions I got on track 4 times. The track was really sweet. I would love to go back. I couldn't really push the car in the turns,, Didn't trust the Hoosier grip at 36* F. !! The GT made big power in the cold and was fun on the straight sections !!

The Track photog got some great shots.. waiting for the USB with all the pictures .. I got some decent in car video. We had a wide range of cars in our group. Top of the Line P-1 all the way down to a VW gulf. Some other fun cars to play with in our group were Blake's 302s, F car 458, Merc. SLS, Audi R8.. Fun Stuff !!

Attachments

• IMG_20150227_165000_514.jpg
    IMG_20150227_165000_514.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20150228_065309_299.jpg
    IMG_20150228_065309_299.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20150301_081934_083.jpg
    IMG_20150301_081934_083.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Brian, you did better than my buddy in his P1 who basically gave up when the rain started, not because of the car, but because "i got tired of coming down the straight at 180 and then not getting a point by by some moron in a Golf going 50"!