NorCal
You are right but my friend wouldn't know even when he drives it. LOL

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Yep, that's a GT350. A buddy of mine was chasing down a GT350R when they first came out and had more than one dealer claim they had an "R" because they saw the registered trademark "r" on the sticker.

Isn't it amazing how uninformed so many dealers and sales folks are when it comes to their own cars?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Hmm. Owners who failed to tick the Track Pack option sue because their Tech Pack cars go into limp mode on track. At least they can listen to a killer radio while they limp along the track.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^exactly

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone heard anything more about the DCT for 2018? I'd rather have the manual, but just wondering.

http://jalopnik.com/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-to-get-dual-clutch-automatic-1787463747

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am a big DCT fan, DCT would be really cool!:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm sure the 10 speed auto is coming soon,,

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hmm. Owners who failed to tick the Track Pack option sue because their Tech Pack cars go into limp mode on track. At least they can listen to a killer radio while they limp along the track.

Maybe that "logic" would have merit if Ford would have warned buyers that the non-Track Pack cars were virtually incapable of track time. Their hype was anything but - and I suppose this is the core of the lawsuit so it is difficult to predict who will prevail. Almost all HPDE venues across the nation are comprised of ~30 minute sessions and only longer when you start talking about more expensive/exclusive private events. The fact that non-track pack equipped cars can sustain track speeds far less than 30 minutes is a real head-scratcher. If you are in the habit of attending these venues (as I am), you will see all kinds of make/models in these HPDE sessions and it is an embarrassment that the GT350 has to limp off the track. It doesn't do a lot for the brand image - that's for sure.

Complicating matters, it is not as simple as "adding coolers" to the tech-pack cars. The transmissions are different. "Conventional" trans cooling methods (extracting the oil through the drain, running it through a heat exchanger, and pushing it back in the fill port) don't work as the drain and fill ports are virtually on top of each other. "Fixing" the GT350 is invasive and expensive.

Finally - I think it is really true to say that the tech-pack cars have really suffered an image issue due to this widely publicized "problem", and they are definitely fetching a lower price/mark-up than the track-pack cars.

But perhaps the most telling is that Ford "fixed" the deficiency in 2017 - equipping ALL trim levels with the same drivetrain coolers.... and many owners are arguing that this should have been the approach in 2016 as well.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

Nah, not interested in that. A good DCT has so many personalities. Auto slushbox will never be near as versatile or fun no matter how many gears they put in.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

Not getting great reviews in the Camaro...too many gears. But I see it coming for the GT500.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Isn't the DCT 10 speed transmission largely responsible for the Nurburging time that the Camaro fans are so excited about?

Oh wait, It is all because it is powered by the LS platform engine. The finest engine ever designed. It's 650 HP is actually stronger than 662 from brand X.

Last edited: