Question for the GT Experts

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
+2 re: the Mac tumor.

Fugly in 2005-6, just as fugly now.

Just doesn't fit the car or the whole concept.

If I was stuck with one, however, I'd prolly do the re-locate, just me.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
+1. Did the Mac relocate mod very early on in '06 and couldn't be happier as I guess I'm one of the very few that enjoys some bad-ass driving music when I'm tooling around in the coolest car car on the road.:cool LOL.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm with you Steve.
I also often like to hear the rockin sounds, and still have the OEM Mac bucket.
Maybe it's time to revisit those relocation threads and change things up after the past 8 years.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You guys with the Mac don't know what you're missing. My standard radio is killer.

Two cans and a string comes to mind.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I turn my std radio on once in a while, mostly when in traffic jams.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Speaking of a Mac delete, is there an insert that would replace the head unit and serve as storage (wallet, slim jims, place for the ladies to stuff panties, etc.)?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Evidently heritage cars without options are worth more. One of ten without. $510,000 plus commission. Wow

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
You guys with the Mac don't know what you're missing. My standard radio is killer.

Two cans and a string comes to mind.

:lol

It's a clean look.

But yes, the sound ain't much!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Speaking of a Mac delete, is there an insert that would replace the head unit and serve as storage (wallet, slim jims, place for the ladies to stuff panties, etc.)?

Gary, stop feeding your dates Slim Jims and they'll probably stop soiling their panties. (Those thing are murder on the mature female digestive system.):lol

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Evidently heritage cars without options are worth more. One of ten without. $510,000 plus commission. Wow

To split hairs there were actually only nine Heritage models with the standard radio and standard wheels. Only six of those nine had black calipers, two had grey calipers and one had red.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
To split hairs there were actually only nine Heritage models with the standard radio and standard wheels. Only six of those nine had black calipers, two had grey calipers and one had red.

Hey Quickdraw!

Glad you're still around.

For those who don't know it, this guy knows it!!

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Thanks for the responses! I guess it comes down to personal choice or tastes. I just wanted to see if any certain combos may have been viewed as rare or more valuable. You know a GT finished on a Friday and someone forgot to add a particular option. You definitely have to go with what you like. I was looking at the 918 the other day and I like the look of the standard wheels and didn't care much for the lighter weight wheels on the faster edition. Hell at the Bonhams auction the other day I bought a few bronze sculptures and I had seen a set of restored Borrani wheels that looked great and actually caught my eye. And when they came up for auction I bought them for just under 3K. Just something to stack on the shelves I guess but I'm sure that they fit on something. They're for a early 60's GT250 Lusso.

Hey QuickDraw do you have a production number of all the colors manufactured?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006

KJD,
Thank you!

StormBringer,
Yes.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Forgive the ugly looking table... I am not permitted to post attachments or edit posts after I make them so I don't know what this will look like.

Body Color.....2005....... 2006

Black.................238............292
Gulf Blue...............1...............0
Heritage Blue.........0...........343
Midnight Blue.....265............190
Red..................766............348
Satin Silver....... 156................0
Sonic Blue............1................0
Tungsten Silver.....0.............541
White...............503.............222
Yellow................97..............75
....................... 2027........ .2011[/FONT]

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I guess it comes down to personal choice or tastes.

'Not a big surprise/revelation, is it!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Being a no stripe kind of guy, I wonder what the demand/pricing will be like on a yellow or '05 silver NS car going forward. I've only seen one silver NS car in the flesh, and never a yellow one. Black/silver was the only stripe version I contemplated owning; just never saw the need of the stripes on the GT even though virtually all GT40s had striping of some sort, if just the side identifier stripes. But the reincorporation of the GT40 into the GT was so spot on, that I thought the stripe free cars looked perfect w/o the adornment, not too mention, as Shelby told me from the get go, that without even the side stripes, most people didn't know what the car was.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Being a no stripe kind of guy, I wonder what the demand/pricing will be like on a yellow or '05 silver NS car going forward. I've only seen one silver NS car in the flesh, and never a yellow one.

Only four yellow 2005s and two 2006s no stripe made.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I'm with you Steve.
I also often like to hear the rockin sounds, and still have the OEM Mac bucket.
Maybe it's time to revisit those relocation threads and change things up after the past 8 years.

Count me as another McIntosh fan. I always have the radio on when I am out for a drive.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Count me as another McIntosh fan. I always have the radio on when I am out for a drive.

If you want to know the power of the McIntosh wait for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb on the radio or on your CD. You can turn the volume all the way to the top and there is no distortion. It is an awesome sound system.

Don't ask me how I know this :)

Gilmore is the greatest guitar player ever !

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you want to know the power of the McIntosh wait for Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb on the radio or on your CD. You can turn the volume all the way to the top and there is no distortion. It is an awesome sound system.

Don't ask me how I know this :)

Gilmore is the greatest guitar player ever !

Ditto on the Mac and Pink Floyd! :thumbsup