Detailer for rally 9

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Is there any interest in having a detailer at the rally?I just got a text from the guy I used at rally 8 in Cal. I thought he was excellent.He keep my car looking good.
If so He is willing to join us if he has a commitment of a certain amount of cars for obvious reasons.I am in favor any others?
YIKES 4k posts of meaningless babble!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I'd likely get him again.......worked out well at R8....very accommodating.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I believe shesgotlegs already arranged the dude that was around last time we were in Vegas.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Competition improves the breed.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Regardless of who provides the service, please, no 'waterless washing' nonsense. I don't like/never will. I know Brother Ed swears by it, but it's just rubbing dirt and debris into the paint, period. Last resort alternative if you have to wash in an apartment complex or inside a small garage. Otherwise, it's bollocks. I'll happily look into other alternatives if shesgotlegs hasn't already made arrangements with his guy.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Never_Mind_the_Bollocks.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't care who wants to wash other people's cars, I'm just skeptical it'll be worth someone's time to leave out of state to do quick washes.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If LV has self-serve wand washes, I'm good. If they don't, I'm still good.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It should come as no surprise that I will want a couple washes.

Vince H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Regardless of who provides the service, please, no 'waterless washing' nonsense. I don't like/never will. I know Brother Ed swears by it, but it's just rubbing dirt and debris into the paint, period. Last resort alternative if you have to wash in an apartment complex or inside a small garage. Otherwise, it's bollocks. I'll happily look into other alternatives if shesgotlegs hasn't already made arrangements with his guy.

I agree about the "waterless washing" stuff. I never understood how spraying stuff on an dwiping it off did anything other than make sandpaper.

Anyone who wants to wash can come over to my house. I've got soft water (now), turtle wax ice soap and microfiber towels.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
75 GTs lined up at Tony's!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
75 GTs lined up at Tony's!

Oooh, that might be cool. Bring a movie team!!! I think there would be room. It's a small non-busy subdivision that was supposed to be gated but isn't so the streets loop around... The offer is serious though... I even have two hose bibs in the front. Pool might be kind of cool by then. But the beer is cold :)

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Last time the guy from Chicago area did it at Gordon Wolf's. Neither are no longer here. I don't remeber anyone else doing it for us. Personally, Shegotslegs can wash my car for me since he did such a fine job at Indy. Steve Dana in Henderson may have ideas.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't let nobody touch my car but me. Or maybe the guy that polished my Cobra and Shelby GT just before their sales at Adams Polishes in Boulder but they aren't here in Vegas.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
The young guy at R8 did a decent job but he was struggling to keep up with the number of cars. Hell, he was out there "washing" cars at 1:00AM one night. I say let two or three of em join us.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What's the difference between a detailer and a car washer? About $200?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Why would we want to wash the car? It's just going to get dirty again on the drive back.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That's what I'm saying. The thread is about detailers, but all I'm reading is about car washes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
True detailers will clean while minimizing any paint marring that's inherent anytime you put a wash mitt to a dirty car.
A 'car wash' will scrub dirty water into your paint and use a towel the equivalent of a heavy grit sandpaper.

There is a difference and if you (in the general sense) don't know what it is, then I guarantee my car will look a lot better than yours in 10 years.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Sorry duplicate