Thank God I Took Your Advice

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you to all those that replied to my post about where to get my FGT worked on with the suggestion of Rich and Dennis at The GT Guy. Also thank you to those who suggested I not drive the car until the half shaft bolts were replaced (warranty work was not originally done).

In addition to finding that the intercooler pump was not operational, here is a pick of one of the half shaft bolts from the right side, the other bolt head was sheared off.

I opted for the bumper delete kit they offer and I am glad I did:

For those of you who haven't been to the shop, they agreed to let me take some pictures. I am in love with the one-off wide body car they did, it is beautiful.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
:thumbsup :thumbsup

They're the best!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Jackpot!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
:thumbsup :thumbsup

They're the best!

:agree: Indeed they are; Rich & Denis are the only ones allowed to work on mine.:thumbsup

:cheers

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
We are all very fortunate to be able to count on these guys. Congrats. Your car looks awesome. Great photos.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Both Rich and Dennis are top notch for sure. Agree, we are very fortunate to have them.:thumbsup

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
:agree: They are the best!!!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thank you to all those that replied to my post about where to get my FGT worked on with the suggestion of Rich and Dennis at The GT Guy. Also thank you to those who suggested I not drive the car until the half shaft bolts were replaced (warranty work was not originally done).

Matteuson, sorry for the rather “strong” recommendation on where to get your car serviced especially since it had very low miles and the (mandatory) axle bolt changeout had not been made. You are located so close to Rich and Dennis and were excited with your new purchase (naturally) driving it around. You now understand why the heavy endorsement for their service work over taking your car to a Ford dealership.

As you will undoubtedly realize there are a number of very knowledgeable FGT owners on this forum who all love and care for our cars. There are many, many technical and cosmetic topics which have been discussed in Forum threads. This ownership will not lead you astray.

Another recommendation- Sign up for our annual rally in Las Vegas. Get to meet other owners, ask lots of questions and see a multitude of GT’s with various modifications. It really is quite an event!:wink

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Glad to see you add the GT to your impressive stable of cars. Crème de la crème of muscle cars, and now the best supercar.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Glad it worked out. Car looks good bumperless.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
+1