Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks for sticking it to Enzo......

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ironic that you posted that. Yesterday I was sitting on the front porch of Grand Lake Lodge in CO where Henry stayed summers 1927/28. Imagined his thoughts/concerns over replacing the venerable Model T which was in need of replacement. It turned out pretty well then. Fast forward to today, it's about another transition - aluminum.

Happy Birthday Henry!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Henry Ford transformed the world. He, as much as any other inventor, industrialist or innovator, improved the world for millions of average people. A better life was attainable because of Ford's genius. That FACT is not recognized often enough.
When I was a kid, my sister bought a book for my father's 50th B-Day (1970) about the Model T. My grandfather had a T pickup on their farm. The book detailed a variety of work and farm implements that could be driven off a T engine, many of which they employed on the farm.
Countless lives were improved by Ford's creations, and millions of average people were able to improve their lot thanks to his brilliance.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks for sticking it to Enzo......

If he did , it was from the grave--different Henry. (II)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Henry Ford was also a patriot, dedicating the industrial might of the Ford Motor Company to the war efforts in both WW1 and WW2. God Bless him, his family, and the Ford Motor Company.

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gentlemen,

Henry Ford was also a patriot, dedicating the industrial might of the Ford Motor Company to the war efforts in both WW1 and WW2. God Bless him, his family, and the Ford Motor Company.

Chip

Which just happens to be the subject of AJ Baime new book, The Arsenal of Democracy.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-arsenal-of-democracy-by-a-j-baime-1402693102

I will be picking up a copy.