GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Obviously a Mopar fan!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have to believe that a lot of low mileage heritage owners may feel the same way.

455SD

Why sell? It was more museum piece than muscle car. I simply couldn’t enjoy driving it for fear of reduced value. Lesson learned? Understand that buying a rare, low-mileage car for investment purposes means you don’t get to drive it.

FGT

Now it’s got 26,000 miles, and the market value has shot up to between $250,000 and $400,000, depending on color and condition. I have no interest in selling, but like the Firebird I’m starting to get nervous about driving it. One careless driver encounter and much of that value will be lost. Lesson learned? Even a successful automotive investment can have a downside…

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Cool article, thanks for sharing!

Lance

ditto

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Obviously a Mopar fan!

The author of this article is a Ford GT owner and member here.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
If I had a Heritage I would paint it white or red & then drive it without worrying about how much it cost!

Ed

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Thanks for the interest in the article guys. It was fun to write and, surprisingly, I was able to dig up a photo of every car except the Mercury. I'm feeling a bit "light" in the collectible car area right now, with the GT my only claim to the club. I've usually had between three and five collectible vehicles at a given time. But the Challenger-for-house trade was a good investment a year ago (already made out well on that one...) and the Firebird was simply taking up space in my garage when it really should be in a museum somewhere. But letting it go was very difficult.

My wife has no sympathy. "We both know you'll be buying something else soon enough." Smart lady.