Rear Stillen splash guards

Cobraguy

GT Owner
In pre-fitting my new Stillen rear splash guards I have noticed that they do not follow the contour of the fender close enough to install without using screws to compensate for the innacuracy.....something I refuse to do. Has anyone else had this problem?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I'm glad you posted this. I was going to purchase these for my car. Please add any updates to your endeavor.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Will do....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The rears are held on by a 3m adhesive.I taped them over night to be sure they stuck, about 6 years ago .And they are still there !They really work well! I recommend them to everyone

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
The rears are held on by a 3m adhesive.I taped them over night to be sure they stuck, about 6 years ago .And they are still there !They really work well! I recommend them to everyone

Is the 3m adhered to the paint or inner fender wall?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mine went on with tape as well over 5 years ago, the fit was very good and they still look exactly the same as the day they were installed. Very happy I installed both the fronts and rears. FYI, I didn't have to drill the fronts either even though Stillen suggests it.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have both the front and rear Stillen splash guards and had the same problem. I prefer to risk rock chips over drilling.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Mine went on easy as well, just be sure everything is clean before applying the mounting tape. Its the same adhesive holding the Ford oval on the front.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mine were mounted with silicon, pre tape option. No unwanted holes and SteveA, they stayed on when I hit a "cone"

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
These are all obviously effective methods for adhering the slash guards with out drilling.The 3m tape is a no brainer in my book.The front ones I was able to drill a whole in the splash guard and use the existing plastic rivet that attaches the fender well in conjunction with the 3m tape.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Ron.... I did exactly the same thing with my fronts and they are a perfect fit, but the rears are a different story. It's as if the production molds they came out of were distorted so the guards themselves are under tension when taped to the fender. I think I'll try heating them up in an oven to torque them back into shape and let them cool while taped to the fender. If that doesn't work I'll give Stillen a call.Surely I'm not the only one to receive a set like this.........

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about these to spice things up for us GT owners? You can't tell me Dr Frank doesn't have these!

Ed

Attachments

• silver-girl-mudflaps-229x300.jpg
    silver-girl-mudflaps-229x300.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 133

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I DO NOT have splashguards with semi-naked women on them. I DO have eyelashes for the headlights (a la PussyCat).

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I DO NOT have splashguards with semi-naked women on them. I DO have eyelashes for the headlights (a la PussyCat).

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
These are all obviously effective methods for adhering the slash guards with out drilling.The 3m tape is a no brainer in my book.The front ones I was able to drill a whole in the splash guard and use the existing plastic rivet that attaches the fender well in conjunction with the 3m tape.

My method as well. That way I can remove the front wheel protectors when cruising around town and apply them when I'm on long road trips and on the track.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
RVT them in place work great

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

You are the Stormkitty after all!
xo

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron.... I did exactly the same thing with my fronts and they are a perfect fit, but the rears are a different story. It's as if the production molds they came out of were distorted so the guards themselves are under tension when taped to the fender. I think I'll try heating them up in an oven to torque them back into shape and let them cool while taped to the fender. If that doesn't work I'll give Stillen a call.Surely I'm not the only one to receive a set like this.........

It sounds like you got a defective set.Call and talk to Kyle.They will replace them I’m sure

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1 I used the 2 sided tape, and silicone to keep dirt out more and extra adhesion. The fronts there is one hole (maybe 2, can't remember) where a "Christmas" tree fastener does line up, so there is some mechanical attachment. I got these at rally 2 at stillen, been on the car ever since.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
So I left the rear guards in the direct (record settings heat) sun for a day until they were very pliable. I then installed them with 3M 2 sided tape and held them in place with painters tape for 24 hrs. Hopefully they will remain in place even though I still had to convince them to conform.. So far, so so good!