Wine Tour/Other activities for Rally 9 Thursday track day!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hello all. :biggrin
I spent the afternoon the other day with DBK working out a few details like a scenic drive for Rally 9. :driving:Monica and I are getting really excited to see everyone. :banana

In the spirit of last years rally, Monica and I are looking to sponsor an hourly shuttle that will take any non tracking attendees - or people finished with tracking for the day, to Pahrump Valley Winery. Pahrump Valley Winery is a wonderful little winery located about two miles from Spring Mountain, they are very good and have won many awards.

http://www.pahrumpwinery.com

They will of course have tasting and hourly cellar tours.:cheers
We would like to get a basic list for those that would like to do this so we can gauge interest before booking the shuttle. The winery offers free wine tasting and we will pick up the tab for the shuttle, you will have to pay for any bottles of wine or other gift shop goodies yourself... :lol No hard commitments necessary, just would like to know if people would want this available. :thumbsup

We are also happy to announce that Spring Mountain will have the new lake completed and JetLev should be up and running by the Rally.:eek

http://www.jetpackamerica.com

For those interested in participating in JetLev, we will get details and post them once they are available.

Looking forward to seeing all of our friends!:party

Mr. and Mrs. Apollo (AKA Terry and Monica)

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So, where's the scenic drive :)?

On our last trip from CO (on 4-Jul) the road construction through the Arizona section was winding down. I15 from Mesquite to Vegas was almost done. So it could be a less dramatic drive say up to Valley of Fire the section of which was a total disaster area in mid June....

Photo ops at Red Rocks exist too ( But you have to be up at the butt crack of dawn to get good light).

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
So, where's the scenic drive :)?

On our last trip from CO (on 4-Jul) the road construction through the Arizona section was winding down. I15 from Mesquite to Vegas was almost done. So it could be a less dramatic drive say up to Valley of Fire the section of which was a total disaster area in mid June....

Photo ops at Red Rocks exist too ( But you have to be up at the butt crack of dawn to get good light).

I am sworn to secrecy... :secret: Actually, I think DBK is still working out when and where. I was just helping with some scouting, although I got us lost when he was here last week...:facepalm: Good times.:thumbsup

I think Dave keeps it under wraps until last minute so there will be no party crashers...

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Pahrump Valley Winery is a wonderful little winery located about two miles from Spring Mountain, they are very good and have won many awards....

Geez, Terry - that's almost 10 miles from Sheri's! :lol :facepalm:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Geez, Terry - that's almost 10 miles from Sheri's! :lol :facepalm:

:lol
I mentioned the idea of a second shuttle and Monica said...:slap

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Terry,

Thanks very much for the coordinated Spring Mountain activity. My wife and I would be interested in attending the winery while we are out there.

(No wise cracks Dr. Frank)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I won the pool.

Indy was the first to sign up for the wine tour!

Terry/Monica thanks for this. I'm in.

CAn we get tee times too?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Count Sue and I in for a wine tour.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I won the pool.

Indy was the first to sign up for the wine tour!

Terry/Monica thanks for this. I'm in.

CAn we get tee times too?

You bet! Mountain Falls is just across the street and an excellent course - inexpensive too.
Seriously, next time you are are passing through we should play. :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you misunderstood Larson due to his poor spelling and lack of spell checker. He meant TEA times as he would never drink, especially with Ralphie.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I mentioned the idea of a second shuttle and Monica said...:slap

Figures (I love her anyway!View attachment 34706 View attachment 34707) - oh well - there's always a limo or a Tijuana TaxiView attachment 34708 :lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I think you misunderstood Larson due to his poor spelling and lack of spell checker. He meant TEA times as he would never drink, especially with Ralphie.
:bs

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How hard will it be to drive off the track & into the lake? Dr Frank wants to know.

Ed

PS Apollo - did you get a new GT?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How hard will it be to drive off the track & into the lake? Dr Frank wants to know.

Ed

Only if the good Dr. sees a pelican.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do you guys realize this is in the desert, 55 miles from Vegas? There are no lakes there.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Ed,
I think it would be hard, but not impossible to get to the lake from the track...:facepalm:

Our intention was to get back into a GT but the prices have gone through the roof...:eek We watch the market and when the time is right we will have another.:thumbsup
In the meantime we have been entertaining ourselves with other mid engine compromises including the radicals, a Lotus Elise SC, and a Cayman GTS. We are also on the waiting list for the new Shelby GT350(or whatever it is called :biggrin ).

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Do you guys realize this is in the desert, 55 miles from Vegas? There are no lakes there.

They are almost finished digging at Spring Mountain and barring any issues it will be full and ready for use by the Rally. :thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
a Lotus Elise SC,

A guy in a Elise convertible parked next to me at the Espresso and Exotics in Vegas last Sunday morning. I've looked at them several times. And you can pick up a low miles car for a really good price. I think they have a lot of "smiles per mile" potential for a really tiny little mid engine car with a wheelbase about as long as a Cobra and weighing 1900lbs...

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
(a lot of "smiles per mile" potential) Exactly! They really are very fun and garner much of the same questions/attention that you get with a GT...
Wow that thing must go 200 mph...
You must be rich to afford that/ how much did it cost?...
What kind of Ferrari is that?
:rofl

20140418_090342.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
will try again later. Phone pics won't upload

Last edited: