Wine Tour/Other activities for Rally 9 Thursday track day!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
will try again later. Phone pics won't upload

Wow, you saw this car? We just sold that to a guy that had it shipped to New York. I think he has a reputation for reselling, but it would be ironic if it ended up back in the Vegas area...

No worries on the hijack... We will get back on the wine tour info as soon as the Rally gets a little closer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here's the other one I saw

2014-08-13 11.35.05.jpg

2014-08-13 11.37.25.jpg

I would want a convertible though. And any color other than black.

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
A reminder that for those done tracking - or not tracking at all on the Spring Mountain day of the Rally...
Monica and I are making arrangements for other activities at or close to Spring Mountain! :thumbsup:banana:party

We have hired a shuttle van making at least hourly trips to our local winery. It is only a few miles from Spring Mountain and is very nice with excellent wine.
http://www.pahrumpwinery.com

We have talked with the winery and they will have complimentary wine tasting as well as wine tours going for those interested.:cheers

We have a nice pool/spa at Spring Mountain as well as an excellent masseuse. :thumbsup

The lake at Spring Mountain is being filled now. It will have white sand beaches with paddle boarding and other aquatic activities and Jet Lev should be open and ready for pilots.:thumbsup::biggrin
We will post updates and pictures soon! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT RALLY!:banana:banana

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
A reminder that for those done tracking - or not tracking at all on the Spring Mountain day of the Rally...
Monica and I are making arrangements for other activities at or close to Spring Mountain! :thumbsup:banana:party

We have hired a shuttle van making at least hourly trips to our local winery. It is only a few miles from Spring Mountain and is very nice with excellent wine.
http://www.pahrumpwinery.com

We have talked with the winery and they will have complimentary wine tasting as well as wine tours going for those interested.:cheers

We have a nice pool/spa at Spring Mountain as well as an excellent masseuse. :thumbsup

The lake at Spring Mountain is being filled now. It will have white sand beaches with paddle boarding and other aquatic activities and Jet Lev should be open and ready for pilots.:thumbsup::biggrin
We will post updates and pictures soon! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT RALLY!:banana:banana

What happened to the shuttle to Sheri's (http://www.sherisranch.com/)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With all the rain we had yesterday (and the associated flooding) I'd be surprised if your lake isn't full already :)

Yesterday was a bear!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
What happened to the shuttle to Sheri's (http://www.sherisranch.com/)

I'm sure there are several ways to get a ride there... :facepalm: (sorry, couldn't resist).:biggrin

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
With all the rain we had yesterday (and the associated flooding) I'd be surprised if your lake isn't full already :)

Yesterday was a bear!!!

It was a gully washer for sure... hopefully Lake Mead collected some of the run off. We held up well in Pahrump.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Yesterday was a bear!!!

It was a gully washer for sure... hopefully Lake Mead collected some of the run off. We held up well in Pahrump.

lol! My eldest daughter lives in 'Snots'dale. I emailed her asking if she'd driven her car to work or paddled a kayak! She replied, "A little bit of both"! She said she had to try 3 different routes to get to work B4 she finally made it! 'Said 1/2 her office crew was a 'no show'!

Edit: Remember when the 'basement parking area' of the "Imperial Palace" in 'Vegas was flooded in a downpour a couple of years back?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
lol! My eldest daughter lives in 'Snots'dale. I emailed her asking if she'd driven her car to work or paddled a kayak! She replied, "A little bit of both"! She said she had to try 3 different routes to get to work B4 she finally made it! 'Said 1/2 her office crew was a 'no show'!

Edit: Remember when the 'basement parking area' of the "Imperial Palace" in 'Vegas was flooded in a downpour a couple of years back?

We lived in Tempe in the 70's when they had two 100 year floods in a row that made the Salt River through Phoenix actually have water in it for two weeks. They were considered floods but they were really releases down the Salt from Roosevelt (I think) Dam because of the heavy snows in the mountains in the spring. Anyway, both times the majority of the bridges across the river in Tempe and Mesa washed out (actually, they sacrificed the approaches to the bridges in the riverbed). That left I10 and the old Tempe bridge as the only way to get from the southeast to Phoenix/Scottsdale. My wife worked in Scottsdale at the time and it took her over an hour to 1.5 hour to do what she usually did in about 15 minutes.

They've since built all sorts of freeways in the river bed and made the bridges that cross the major streets (e.g., Scottsdale road) longer so the approaches don't wash out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

That little bit of water won't even make up for the evaporative losses they have in a day.