Who's going to Monterey Car Week/Pebble Beach this year?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This will be my first year. I'll be there all week (work be damned!). Not even sure what I'll be doing/going to attend. Suggestions? Anyone else here going?

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I purchased my FGT last year from a gentleman who lives there. Make sure you go to the aquarium and have lunch there overlooking the bay if you want to a brake from the car scene.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Historic Races at Laguna Seca a must. May want to schedule two days there. Just walking the pits is incredible.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I'll be there for sure. I'll be hanging at the Mecum auction a lot due to selling a car there. However I'd recommend hitting the RM Auction, Mecum Auction, Historics are amazing like mentioned above. Rest assured you'll be blown away with how much there is to do, last year blew by - majority of my time was at the track. I loved it! Any car guy will be on automotive overload - enjoy!

Lance

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'll be there for sure. I'll be hanging at the Mecum auction a lot due to selling a car there. However I'd recommend hitting the RM Auction, Mecum Auction, Historics are amazing like mentioned above. Rest assured you'll be blown away with how much there is to do, last year blew by - majority of my time was at the track. I loved it! Any car guy will be on automotive overload - enjoy!

Lance

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/29255-Items-of-Interest-at-Monterey-in-August

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Ed, make sure to attend Tuesday's Concours on the Avenue in Carmel and Thursday's event in Carmel when the participants from the Pebble Beach Concours make a stop in Carmel. Both events take place on Ocean Ave. Both events are free; just be prepared to walk through a sea of people! Another cool little event takes place at the Baja Cantina in Carmel Thursday night; nice cruise-in. As stated above the Reunion at Laguna is a must see too. Enjoy.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ed, make sure to attend Tuesday's Concours on the Avenue in Carmel and Thursday's event in Carmel when the participants from the Pebble Beach Concours make a stop in Carmel. Both events take place on Ocean Ave. Both events are free; just be prepared to walk through a sea of people! Another cool little event takes place at the Baja Cantina in Carmel Thursday night; nice cruise-in. As stated above the Reunion at Laguna is a must see too. Enjoy.

The Tuesday street concours in Carmel on Ocean Avenue is really cool - takes a while to find a parking place, but persevere as it very interesting. If you want to go to the Concours at Pebble, and see other weekend events, you'll need to forego the great races and paddock walks at Laguna Seca (depends on your interest). To do both, arrive a week early and go to the "Pre-Historics" the weekend before. You'll see most of the same great racing cars, but without all the fanfare and exhibits.

I've never been to the Pebble Concours or the Quail, which are great events, but I was always crewing at the track on the main weekend - never bothered me though, as I relate so much to most of those old racers....

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Historic Races at Laguna Seca a must. May want to schedule two days there. Just walking the pits is incredible.

+1

I would call it a life changing experience for a car guy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks everyone. Historics on the list. Will look into Concours on the Avenue. Bit concerned about the parking situation. Door ding anxiety!

How about Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival on Wednesday night? Worth going?

And I appreciate the suggestions, but is anyone else actually going this year?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bit concerned about the parking situation. Door ding anxiety!....

Don't be - it's parallel parking on all the side streets - just hard to find a place.