Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
That looked a little scary.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
[video=youtube_share;9Ahq2mAByqo]http://youtu.be/9Ahq2mAByqo?list=UUJcvnbdevd3gGou6pyjRJCA[/video]

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
That sudden move to the left with the curbing, trees, telephone poles......

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Proof again BLACK is the fastest color!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...only when/if it's been 'modded'!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, that did look a little hairy on that jump to the left. Amazing that you kept control AND won the race.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011

My log did not reset that l

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sorry, not a fan of street racing. This forum is easily viewed by the public and I'm sure that there are many younger drivers who idolize the GT and are lurkers here. I am sure there are many members here that are too shy to say anything but my opinion is that these kinds of activities should NOT be sensationalized. It's all fun and games until somebody gets killed. Every one of those utility poles is just waiting for an opportunity to claim a life.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Sorry, not a fan of street racing. This forum is easily viewed by the public and I'm sure that there are many younger drivers who idolize the GT and are lurkers here. I am sure there are many members here that are too shy to say anything but my opinion is that these kinds of activities should NOT be sensationalized. It's all fun and games until somebody gets killed. Every one of those utility poles is just waiting for an opportunity to claim a life.

What is even more crazy is the show STREETOUTLAWS and that is on Cable TV. I think more kids lurk there. just saying.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Short shifter?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Short shifter?

no. stock shifter.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sorry, not a fan of street racing...

:agree:

What is even more crazy is the show STREETOUTLAWS and that is on Cable TV. I think more kids lurk there. just saying.

So - that makes it OK??? I don't think so.

Why don't you do it legally & go to an accredited drag strip? These antics have no place in any community, or on this forum. Just stupid and dangerous, and teaches younger people that it's OK to ignore our laws.

Did you know that most law enforcement agencies support and even volunteer to operate drag strips!

Last edited:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306

Well said, and I agree completely. There are too many legal and sanctioned drag strips with safety rules and inspections, emergency medical personnel, clean and wide racing surfaces, consistent starting procedures, etc., and where a win actually means something, to resort to street racing, in my opinion. I really hate to see video like this involving the Ford GT that I am so passionate about, on this highly respected forum.

Eddie FourFather Hill

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Well said, and I agree completely. There are too many legal and sanctioned drag strips with safety rules and inspections, emergency medical personnel, clean and wide racing surfaces, consistent starting procedures, etc., and where a win actually means something, to resort to street racing, in my opinion. I really hate to see video like this involving the Ford GT that I am so passionate about, on this highly respected forum.

Eddie FourFather Hill
I agree.
And, HE would know!
Mark

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Ok how many of you that do not want to see this stuff clicked on the vid and watched ? I bet all of you. Anyway Mod you can Delete this Thread if you want.We are racing a Procharged C7 with nitrous and a blower next and I will leave it off this site.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
:thumbsdow, no, no and no, Take it to the track PERIOD

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ok how many of you that do not want to see this stuff clicked on the vid and watched ? I bet all of you...

Well said Eddie!! :thumbsup

I hate this stuff. A few years back, we had a young Russian member who was doing this sort of stuff. He wound up frying himself (and his GT). It wasn't in a race, but he was a bit reckless.

Post it elsewhere, if you must - not here.

Is there a reason that you do outlaw competition? Would a legal venue ostrasize you from your "friends?" At some point, something will happen to someone of your group, and will you (a) rationalize and continue, or (b) realize your methods are unsafe and dangerous, and finally quit?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
The difference is that they are not weaving in and out of traffic or taking corners at twice the posted speed with other cars coming the other way. This is a blocked off street from both sides that is out in the middle of rail road county. I agree the track is better and they are lining up a old airport runway close to me for the next race.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
We are racing a Procharged C7 with nitrous and a blower next and I will leave it off this site.

Please let me know when you post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.