Use of Gearshift Lever Aligner Tool

SaskGT

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2013
I recently purchased a clutch aligner on ebay and it came with the OTC 308-602 tool.
Checked the service manual, my local Ford dealer and the internet on how to use this tool, but no luck.
Could someone tell me how to use this device or were I could find instructions.
Thanks for the help.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Give the GT Guy(S) a call. Pretty sure they would know.

I recently purchased a clutch aligner on ebay and it came with the OTC 308-602 tool.
Checked the service manual, my local Ford dealer and the internet on how to use this tool, but no luck.
Could someone tell me how to use this device or were I could find instructions.
Thanks for the help.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The tool is intended to hold the gear shift lever in a static neutral location so that the shifter cables may be adjusted. To use, you need to remove the shifter ball and then the boot and slip the tool over the shaft of the shifter. The adjustment process is described in detail on page 308-00-14 of the 2006 Service Manual.

SaskGT

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2013
The tool is intended to hold the gear shift lever in a static neutral location so that the shifter cables may be adjusted. To use, you need to remove the shifter ball and then the boot and slip the tool over the shaft of the shifter. The adjustment process is described in detail on page 308-00-14 of the 2006 Service Manual.

Thanks for the help.
Joe

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
PM sent

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime