CSX. Shelby Cobra

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
There is a Superformance 427 roadster street version where I store my motorhome, and that is what got me thinking. They do a really nice job on the under car exhaust. What ever mufflers they use do not hang too low under the car like some I've seen. Really like the clean roadster look. Especially after I burnt the cr*p out of my leg in late spring for the first time in nine years. Had a battery cable pop off which caused the car to stall and I had to get out and push it in a hurry. Lesson: Don't be in a hurry when getting in or out of a sidepiped Cobra.
Have had mine since 1997.
Burned my leg the first day I had the car getting out in a hurry as well.
You only do that once!

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Here's a Purdy little red one. I'm just not good with the pics if you want to pull it from my flickr feel free to post but just the red one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98028471@N06/12272138906/

Last edited:

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Is that your car? If so, let's hear some specifics. Superformance? It is a good looking Cobra.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is that your car? If so, let's hear some specifics. Superformance? It is a good looking Cobra.

I believe that's an original car Rick. It's definitely aluminum.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I am partial to small block 289's. Especially when they are like this one.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 267

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Red one must have the tonneau cover laying behind the seats on the car. Almost looks like a convertible top.

That stacked carb/fuel injection look is the bomb. Wonder if any of the fuel injected stack setups work well without having to adjust Webber's. I think they add around 8-10 grand on an engine build, at least on the Roush motors.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Red one must have the tonneau cover laying behind the seats on the car. Almost looks like a convertible top.

That stacked carb/fuel injection look is the bomb. Wonder if any of the fuel injected stack setups work well without having to adjust Webber's. I think they add around 8-10 grand on an engine build, at least on the Roush motors.

My Cobra had a Roush 8-stack weber-like fuel injection system. They never got it running right because they hadn't completed the altitude testing and populated the altitude compensation. Some $5K later, including shipping the car to Roush, I took it to someone in Fort Collins who had been trained by Accel and they got it running. I hear they are using a simpler system now but I would advise that engine only after a huge amount of due diligence.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Borla also makes an 8-Stack Induction unit -

View attachment 34641

For a 302 Small Block Ford -

https://www.borlainduction.com/200099-v8-kit-ford-302-35mm-air-horn.html

and for large blocks, Chevy's, etc -

https://www.borlainduction.com/products/v8-kits.aspx

I've heard that theirs are also pretty tricky to get set up correctly...

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu

For some reason I can not post in any thread other than this one. rofl When I made my post I forgot my flickr account and edited post to add it. Because of post count I believe system views me as spam.

It's an original '60's 427 not a S/C but manufactured much later than the first 53. Original engine 428 obviously not a side oiler. I don't post much usually just for researching a future purchase. I did have an old account when this site was started but it seems to have disappeared. Was researching prototype GT's and came across one and a CSX 1000 series Cobra.

Tried to post this in Challenger thread. Spoke to Chief at SRT on Friday evening about a few possible builds. I think the hellcat will have a limited number built and not enough for everyone.

:thumbsup

carry on

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I suspect with these system you have to run speed density or worst alpha-N. This combined with syncing all of the throttle blades and the super short runners can be tricky to get running well at idle to moderate RPMs.

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
One of the cars high on my "someday" list has been a CSX- numbered 427 Cobra. Honestly though, I probably don't know as much as I should about them, before purchasing one. I am a very serious shopper though now, and I am ready to jump on the right car, after missing out on a couple of others. I just saw this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Othe...9f04deec6&item=111405821638&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I know some of you on here are cobra owners and experts. If you don't mind, could you review this ad and see if anything jumps out at you? Seems like a reasonable price, if there is a little haggling. It is an aluminum car, which I have heard pros and cons about. I would be using the car like I use my GT- maybe 500-1000 miles/year, and the occasional car show.

Does anybody here have any knowledge or experience with Marino Motors in Florida? Or better yet, is anybody out there close enough to take a look at the car? Or have any suggestions for who to contact for a proper PPI?

Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated!

How did you make out everything work out OK?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
How did you make out everything work out OK?

Everything worked out just great, thank you. After Sinovac was kind enough to check out the car and give me his seal of approval, I bought the car, and it was just delivered to me this past Friday. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face ever since!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 129