The Eve before the big day...

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Tomorrow is the day that I have been looking forward to for a looooong time. My first GT is on a truck and headed to the great state of Michigan. This will be my first GT (hell, my first real race car) and I feel like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve. Honestly, I can't believe this is really happening (lol). I have been lurking on this forum for roughly 5 years and boy, what a great "place" this is. Seconds feel like hours right now...:lol

Brian

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
where are you at in Michigan? just finishing up my latest project GT in Livonia. thanks

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I couldn’t sleep the night before I got mine!
Welcome to the family!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Yes, it is a very exciting time, isn't it?!? Congratulations, and welcome! Be sure to post photos of your new pride and joy.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats as a fellow recent new owner. After you take your FGT for that first drive and then park it in the garage you will not be able to leave the car for sometime. Have a towel and some cleaner with you so the wife wont think you are obsessed with your new FGT, LOL. Dont forget to open the clamshell after drive to let the heat out, might help prevent vent warpage.

Last edited:

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Hey bat enjoy your new ride , we have a few gt s in the Michigan area it depends where in mi your located but let us know maybe we do a cruise or something, it is nice to see more gt s in Michigan , enjoy your ride and leet us see some pics

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Hey bat enjoy your new ride , we have a few gt s in the Michigan area it depends where in mi your located but let us know maybe we do a cruise or something, it is nice to see more gt s in Michigan , enjoy your ride and leet us see some pics

I live just west of Lansing. I would definetly be interested in doing a cruise sometime.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
maybe a nice drive to Brighton for everyone for cars and coffee would be very cool. or somewhere in between.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Enjoy!
Spend some seat time before getting rowdy.
Congrats!
Best,
Mark

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Enjoy the feeling (it'll continue just owning it!).

Cheers,

Lance

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Most of know the same feeling. This was my first real car and I couldn't sleep for a week !! Congrats and welcome to the owners circle from one Brian to another.. :thumbsup

Tomcat

GT Owner
Welcome, I've had mine a year and still get THAT feeling.
Some stats on the car (mileage, color, how you found it, etc...)?
Pop the clamshell after every drive!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

:cheers

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Welcome, I've had mine a year and still get THAT feeling.
Some stats on the car (mileage, color, how you found it, etc...)?
Pop the clamshell after every drive!

Thanks for the clamshell suggestion. I found my car on this forum. It was the heritage with all the awesome memorabilia. Thanks, Dave!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Brian,
Welcome.
You bought David’s Heritage?
YOU GOT A VERY NICE MACHINE INDEED!!
Enjoy the ride, the feeling never ends.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
You scored! Great choice.

When Santa Monica Ford called me to say my GT had arrived and I could come pick it up I had to wait one day for various logistical reasons, and it was the longest 24 hours of my life. Still remember every detail of that delivery process, including this weird feeling that, after chasing the car for 3.5 years (from the debut at the Detroit auto show in January 2002 until the day I took possession on August 23rd, 2005) I wondered what I would do without the overwhelming "Ford GT anticipation" that had dominated my life for the previous 44 months.

Thankfully, I quickly realized owning and driving the car more than makes up for anticipating the car. I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

Congrats!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
You scored! Great choice.

When Santa Monica Ford called me to say my GT had arrived and I could come pick it up I had to wait one day for various logistical reasons, and it was the longest 24 hours of my life. Still remember every detail of that delivery process, including this weird feeling that, after chasing the car for 3.5 years (from the debut at the Detroit auto show in January 2002 until the day I took possession on August 23rd, 2005) I wondered what I would do without the overwhelming "Ford GT anticipation" that had dominated my life for the previous 44 months.

Thankfully, I quickly realized owning and driving the car more than makes up for anticipating the car. I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

Congrats!

Haha. My 8 and 10 year olds are just as excited. They have been a part of this endeavor for a while. I worked for a supplier for the Lincoln towncar and LS that was built iin Wixom. Once I saw the GT in 2006, I had to have it. With kids, work and what ever it took longer than expected. Life is good, Take nothing for granted, do it while you can, rock on...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the clamshell suggestion. I found my car on this forum. It was the heritage with all the awesome memorabilia. Thanks, Dave!

Oh Boy!!! You got a great car! Welcome! Are you going to come to the Rally???

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Brian to our little SPECIAL Group of crazy GT owners. You've heard some very important information from members above. Enjoy your Gt but respect it and what it can do until you get the "Hang of it". You purchased a great GT from a great owner. Here's to many pleasurable miles in your Girl.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
:party :cheers