Exoto GT40 MkII

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ordered this from Exoto as a birthday present to myself....THREE months ago. Thought it would make a nice piece to sit in my office at work. Finally got here last week. This thing is a beast. the #2 (sorry, Ralphie:wink), 1:10 scale GT40 MKII, driven by Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon, winner of the 1966 24 Heures Du Mans. Detail is crazy. The shifter linkages even move. Need to get some good detail pics at some point.

Even comes with a wrench to remove the knock offs.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I got one of those ! A very cool item!

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I got one too but it is still in the wrapper as I'm looking for a suitable display case.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I got one too but it is still in the wrapper as I'm looking for a suitable display case.

I was tempted to keep it in the tissue wrapper but I wanted to make sure everything was intact in case some something got damaged in transport.

I've found only one company online that makes custom acrylic display cases that would fit this large a model. I'll post the link when I get back to my home desktop. Let me know what else you've found. Thanks.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Found the website. Nothing fancy. But it'll do the job. What do you think?

http://www.displaycasej.com/model_covers.html

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Got a quote from the above mentioned website. 13-14 week production time!!! Does anyone have a source that makes a good quality display case?

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Yeah I have seen that web site. I have some other models to display as well and have been keeping an eye on CraigsList to see if i can find a nice glass display case - like maybe from a jewelry store etc. Maybe just buy a new one.

http://www.displays2go.com/P-16559/...d-for-Low-Freight-Costs?st=Category&sid=22260

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I have a source..only about three weeks delivery. Custom sized to your specks. Info at office. Will send tomorrow with pic.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a source..only about three weeks delivery. Custom sized to your specks. Info at office. Will send tomorrow with pic.

Great! Thanks. Please let me know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I used casesforcollectibles.com. 513 856 9475. Hamilton Ohio. Anything custom available. I have same car and ordered 21x11x7. (Lwh). 3 week delivery and very pleased. Got the mirrored back. All in incl shipping was $132.00.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 299

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I used casesforcollectibles.com. 513 856 9475. Hamilton Ohio. Anything custom available. I have same car and ordered 21x11x7. (Lwh). 3 week delivery and very pleased. Got the mirrored back. All in incl shipping was $132.00.

Perfect! Thanks for the link!