Ron Pratte selling his entire collection!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Kindig-it Design
November 4
She's on point & looking good!
Kindig-it Design built GM Futurliner.

Scroll down to the post on November 4th. This was a different future liner than Mr Pratte's

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kindig-it-Design/108367085644

http://cars.sltrib.com/articles/vie...turliner_is_coming_to_life_at_KindigIt_Design

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I certainly don't think Ron Pratt is due any criticism. I have run into him at BJ but other than that I don't know him at all. But the guy has given millions of dollars to charity, has opened his collection for other fundraising events, and bought most of these cars at auctions bidding against other collectors. What on earth is there to get upset about here? Whether he is selling for health reasons or just wants to do something else is his business. He made his money in our competitive free market and spent it the same way. I wish him well and I appreciate his buying a bunch of charity auction cars at way above market prices for good causes. Cheers.

Chip

I agree with you completely, Chip, maybe even more than 100% :thumbsup I don't know him either, but being local, I 've heard a lot of things over the years that have caused me to admire him.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White

The link provides a bit of Ron Pratt's background and philosophy. A truly solid citizen.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got the auction catalog in the mail yesterday. Wow, just wow. The cars go on Tuesday and Saturday. Some cars are reserve, but most are not. Some I am certain he knows the value of and will not have trouble getting good dollars (e.g., the Boss 429). The Super Snake Cobra is reserve. The Futureliner is no reserve but is a charity vehicle so will get that boost. There is a separate memorabilia book that has some cool stuff in it too. Alas, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it down to see the show. It should be wild.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lot 2508 is 2005 Ford GT #003 in Quicksilver. No reserve.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ditto!!

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ditto!!
Gentlemen,

I certainly don't think Ron Pratt is due any criticism. I have run into him at BJ but other than that I don't know him at all. But the guy has given millions of dollars to charity, has opened his collection for other fundraising events, and bought most of these cars at auctions bidding against other collectors. What on earth is there to get upset about here? Whether he is selling for health reasons or just wants to do something else is his business. He made his money in our competitive free market and spent it the same way. I wish him well and I appreciate his buying a bunch of charity auction cars at way above market prices for good causes. Cheers.

Chip

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Seems like a good guy. I wonder now how the charities will do, on the "First off the assembly line" that Ron always seemed to buy? He always seemed to push things to a new level.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If the first two hours are any indication, Ron has nothing to worry about, and the collector car community is going to be very happy. The early "small" stuff is getting huge prices.