The BMW I8

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, I've been driving it for 2 days now and finish up on production with it today :) It is a rather unique vehicle with a 3 cylinder (gas) rear mounted engine and then a front mounted electric motor. Just wanted to share some pics really as it's not in the class of GT Land but interesting non-the-less to be competing with todays high dollar hybrids.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 232
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 297
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 239

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
This is one of the most interesting new hybrid cars here in Germany (there was a big HELLO for BMW when showcasing the I cars (i8 and i3). Of course it is not a replacement of your right foot down 400 mile radius car, but nonetheless much closer to a real car than most others. I am really looking forward when they are going to unleash the spider version.

Enjoy your new companion, chance to discuss a lot of things with people who do not know much about it yet.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
When the details of this car were announced it seemed like a sports car without much performance. Now it seems more like a great daily driver.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I would say that this car will be a great daily driver.
When in sport mode, the gas powered engine is on and readily available as well as charging the batteries, which happens quick :)
It is rather comfortable and the mirrors supply ample viewing for blind spots and security while driving.
Paddle shift or automatic which is always nice.
The rear end of this car is pretty like the rear end of our cars.
The carbon fiber doors weigh in at approximately 8lbs. (very light)
When in sport mode, both electric and gas powered motors are working to pull/push this 2700lbs. beauty (pretty sure it was 2700lbs.)