Gt @ bj?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Anyone have any details on the silver gt that just sold at BJ for $220k (I think)?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yep, here it is:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=451&aid=543

242K = 220K + 10% buyer's premium. I consider the 10% a "tax" so it sold for 220K. Dang good price.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
a bargain!!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
For sure....... Given the current market combined with the BJ environment I would've expected a pre commission price of 250 or so.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that was a good deal for so few miles

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Remember the seller pays 8% so he left with 202.4K. It was a reserve sale so the seller got what he was asking or more... Probably 200 or 210K was the magic number.

I wouldn't take a car like a Ford GT to the Florida auction. I'd do either Vegas or Scottsdale, maybe now to Reno. Florida always seemed to be more oriented towards the older classics like Packards than the sports and muscle cars.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
that was a good deal for so few miles

:agree:

Especially for a side-stripe only Quicksilver - very rare car, I believe only 55 were built. Optional wheels and Grey calipers will even reduce that number.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That's true, but from what I have read in the past, that color isn't at the top of the most desirable colors list, for resale value. Still, it seems pretty cheap for a GT these days at one of those auctions...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
That's true, but from what I have read in the past, that color isn't at the top of the most desirable colors list, for resale value. Still, it seems pretty cheap for a GT these days at one of those auctions...

Eventually, I predict that values will turn around with respect to colors, with the rarest (color/stripe package/wheel type/caliper color) at the top of the list, excluding the Heritage, as their MSRP was $8,150 higher than other 4 option cars (notwithstanding that their production numbers are 5th [8.4%}] out of 21 types).

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
[video=youtube;tzrwSnoE550]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzrwSnoE550[/video]

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
New to this board, but what is ranking of colors as to collectability, excluding Heritage of course. Thx.
-J

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Look for some of Shelby's (shelbyelite) old posts - not sure how they apply today though.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
:eekAm I the only one thinking this thread was on how hard it is to get a BJ in your GT:eek

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been zipping through the recording. I cover about 4 hours in 1 hour by only watching those things that I get interested in (mostly that means skipping over all the Corvettes).

One thing I noticed was that the high end non-sport exotics really take a beating. They had enough Bentleys to make a fleet and all of them sold for less than half price. A 350K Maybach sold for 70K(+10%). Whole bunches of Maseratis for chump change.

I really think the Ford GT would have done better at any of the auctions except Palm Beach.