What cars to never get behind of.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Volvos used to be on the top of my list, but now I have to move them to 2nd place. I was behind a Leaf while driving my wife's Prius and this driver was going a max of 20 mph in a 25 zone and accelerated slower than a kid on skateboard. The first chance I got when a 2nd lane opened up was blew her doors off in using a Prius. By the time I got to the end of the block the Leaf wasn't even 1/2 of the way down the street!

I used to have Buicks or Caddys on the list if they had elderly drivers, but they are real rare nowadays.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Don't EVEN get me started on this topic, Clinton.

Trust me...don't.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Prius drivers are usually moving down the road pretty good... the ones that get me are the trucks, the older models with nutty body molding, a V6 motor with a Pringles can for a muffler and multiple sections of unbuffed paint around the step-side short-bed. I'm not trying to stereotype illegal aliens as the typical driver but it ain't PeeWee Herman driving 45mph in the damn fast lane. I guess they think INS doesn't mind as long as your not speeding. Quick "FYI" if your not sure where your birth certificate is located or what language it is in: The police know that anybody on the Dallas North Tollway driving less than 80mph is either illegal or stoned (probably both).

I'm not hating on my southern neighbors, I'm just saying they suck at driving and not being obvious.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I had a Prius leave me behind while driving my FGT on the freeways. I as going about 80 and the Prius was doing 90!

I don't like to even go 80 in the Prius. It doesn't feel safe, can't stop or turn and the suspension is so bad you feel that you are going to lose control on every bump on the road.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
Ok I have to call this out . April fools day is over.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I had a Prius leave me behind while driving my FGT on the freeways. I as going about 80 and the Prius was doing 90!

I've never seen a Prius do 90 R.P.M. around here let alone 90 M.P.H. :mad

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Well said Pockets!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

Well said Pockets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzFK56epaHI

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Like I said, I've never seen a Prius do 90 R.P.M. AROUND HERE, let alone 90 M.P.H.

:tongue

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

Like I said, I've never seen a Prius do 90 R.P.M. AROUND HERE, let alone 90 M.P.H.

:tongue

Not surprising since your cars never leave the garage.

Chempowr

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Regarding prius's - I have to say a fair amount of them are moving pretty good for what you would expect an economy minded car/driver mentality/perspective is pre-supposed to do do...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
It seems they are limited to only 115 MPH. :lol

I don't agree about the stability, to me scary over 80 if you have to make any unexpected maneuvers. This guy has got to be nuts, or have balls for brains to go through a corner at 100 MPH in a Prius.

http://priuschat.com/threads/prius-top-speed.80051/

Yes ours are definitely electronically limited, you drive right up to the top speed still accelerating pretty good then at an indicated 115 it's like you hit a wall of pillows, just won't go any faster. I'm sure if it were not for the limiter the car would go quite a bit faster. Could be the European version is either not limited at all or has the limiter set to a higher speed.

I was very impressed by the stability. As I was slowing there was a bit of a corner I went through at about 100 and it really felt good, more like a sports sedan than a economy car.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
It's not so the type of car in front but if I see a driver with a hat on I'm very carefull. Usually older people that manage to keep their driving licence

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I always say the Prius is for people who don’t like cars,usually evidenced by there driving.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It's not so the type of car in front but if I see a driver WITH A HAT ON I'm very carefull. Usually older people that manage to keep their driving licence

That view seems to be universal! For decades a good friend of mine and I have used the phrase "old man with a hat in a Buick" to describe any driver who has 'ticked us off' doing whatever! (Perhaps that's one reason why Pockets has never worn a hat [except in the service] and never will!)

Aaaaaaaaah, but where you really need to be careful driver-wise is when all you can see of a fellow driver is two frail old hands gripping the steering wheel at 12 o'clock...and nothing else. 'Know what I mean? :wink (If a driver's head can't be seen, how the devil can he/she see over the dash? 'Guess I might be finding out first hand one day soon...:facepalm:)

cetro

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2012
Calabasas, CA
Around here, the worst drivers are anyone that drives Toyota, Lexus and BMW. Not only do they drive slow, but they have to get into the fast lane immediately and they could care less of they are cutting people off to get there!!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Don't get stuck behind Ed Sims when he has Hoosiers on the car. I think they must be so sticky they slow him down.