Looking for an exceptional well kept 96-98 short ChevyTahoe/GMC Yukon

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know this is a very strange WTB ad - and you guys for sure probably do not have one for sale - but if one by pure coincidence came accross one, I would like to hear about it .....

Car will be wifes daily driver so starting point must be a fairly low mile, reasonably original 96-98 model with the big Vortec V8 engine. Must be the short version. Must be from one of the rust free states ....

Finders fee in the form of Makers Mark @ the Rally :biggrin:wink

:cheers
Anders

Example:

11848762_22.jpg

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And I thought you were a Ford guy..... :eek:facepalm:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Anders.... I have purchased a half dozen new Yukons over the years and by far my favourites were the red/black and green/tan GT's.......kind of of a classic look IMO.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
And I thought you were a Ford guy..... :eek:facepalm:

You know I am - but try picking out the best short wheelbase SUV type from those years and you most definately will not end up with a Ford product .....

The 255hp Vortec V8, the GM Automatic, the pretty nice handling and ride and especially the reliabiity - really sets it apart from the Explorers of that time.

:wink
Anders

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I know this is a very strange WTB ad - and you guys for sure probably do not have one for sale - but if one by pure coincidence came accross one, I would like to hear about it .....

Car will be wifes daily driver so starting point must be a fairly low mile, reasonably original 96-98 model with the big Vortec V8 engine. Must be the short version. Must be from one of the rust free states ....

Finders fee in the form of Makers Mark @ the Rally :biggrin:wink

Anders

Example:

View attachment 33433

You said strange?
We already know you’re strange!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
You said strange?

That´s nothing - my wife is even less normal :rofl:facepalm:

But with guys like you here, I guess I fit right in :wink:biggrin:rofl

Anders

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You said strange?

...But with guys like you here, I guess I fit right in....

I think I resemble that remark...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That´s nothing - my wife is even less normal :rofl:facepalm:

But with guys like you here, I guess I fit right in :wink:biggrin:rofl

Anders
You sure do fit in! I’d join any club you’re in!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Now also a Chevy owner .... well, my wife is :wink:facepalm:

Bought a 81K mile AZ/CA car - think it fit the bill ..... These short 2 door Tahoes - the nice examples - go up in price these days like the FGTs (percentage wise) - almost feel a bit stupid paying 10K + when I could have bought a 5-6 year newer for less - but they just don´t come in the short version.....

But wife likes it so I guess that is what matters :wink:biggrin With a set of slighty wider aftermarket wheels, bigger tires and original style fenderflares it will be pretty cool. :thumbsup

1.jpg

9.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Looks like a nice one. Curious - what does it cost to ship to Europe?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks like a nice one. Curious - what does it cost to ship to Europe?

Depending on 20 or 40ft container. A 40ft will cost me a total of 6-7000 dollar including all handling at harbours. That will take 2 cars + lots of extra parts.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congrats! Looks really clean! Used to seeing examples of these from Michigan in not such nice shape...

As for buying a Chevy - I'm thinkin' a simple sanction will get the point across - first round of drinks is on you!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Depending on 20 or 40ft container. A 40ft will cost me a total of 6-7000 dollar including all handling at harbours. That will take 2 cars + lots of extra parts.

Really reasonable sounding considering what it costs to ship 1 car from Florida to California!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats! Looks really clean! Used to seeing examples of these from Michigan in not such nice shape...

As for buying a Chevy - I'm thinkin' a simple sanction will get the point across - first round of drinks is on you!

Thanks - I think it looks reallyy clean and nice too.

As for the sanction -- I think you should ban my wife from Ford GT activities as she is the Chevy owner :wink:facepalm: ...... I´ll pay my dues in the bar - don´t worry. I´ll be travelling with Terry so no room for luggage, just cash & credit cards :lol:rofl:biggrin

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Keep the wife happy at all costs!

Looks like that vehicle will fill the bill nicely. Congrats.

As to satisfying the Forum members, can you delete all the Chevy ID and put a nice blue oval on it somewhere? Call it a "Fordhoe"?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I can't sanction Anders anymore - last time I wound up sleeping in the lobby of the Fairmont in Sonoma - all night!! Woke up in the moning in the lobby wondering where the hell I was - :thumbsup

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can't sanction Anders anymore - last time I wound up sleeping in the lobby of the Fairmont in Sonoma - all night!! Woke up in the moning in the lobby wondering where the hell I was - :thumbsup

It had been a really long day, lots of fresh air and activity - so it was a well deserved nap ..... could have happened to anyone ..... and that couch sure looked comfy :wink:biggrin:thumbsup

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Keep the wife happy at all costs!

Looks like that vehicle will fill the bill nicely. Congrats.

As to satisfying the Forum members, can you delete all the Chevy ID and put a nice blue oval on it somewhere? Call it a "Fordhoe"?

Good idea .... wife won´t know the difference anyway :wink:biggrin:facepalm:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

I obviously didn't see this all the way through, apparently we need to form sort of committee to determine how much sanction we can afford to absorb! :rofl:rofl :beer2:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

You redneck buba truck lover :wink:biggrin So what was the other vehicle you purchased ? :facepalm::lol