Wild Pricing

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
When GTs were dropping into the $125k-145k range, a great deal of owners unloaded them. I remember times when there were 60-70 GTs on eBay at once. I presume at least some of them did so because they were convinced the floor was lower, if one existed at all (re:Ferrari Chat). Now that GTs have gone up what I view as an irrational amount in 12 months, many people are convinced they will continue to appreciate endlessly at this rapid rate. For a number of reasons, that is extremely unlikely to happen.

So my professional opinion is "enjoy it while it lasts." Everyone runs for the exits when prices are going down, everyone holds on for a few more % when they are going up.

and....

Very hard to know what eBay cars actually sell for, because "winning" auction bids and "buy it now" sales are not contractual. Many are taken offline and negotiated down. Real money talks, eBay bids walk.

This.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Agree. This wacky up turn in value will most likely will cool but anyone that doesn't think the market isn't a bubble about to burst isn't paying attention either. Enjoy this fantastic car and how much automotive enthusiast appreciate it. Much like a wife's wedding ring it really doesn't matter to me how much it is or isn't worth because it's not for sale......but it is fun to talk about.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Agree. This wacky up turn in value will most likely will cool but anyone that doesn't think the market isn't a bubble about to burst isn't paying attention either. Enjoy this fantastic car and how much automotive enthusiast appreciate it. Much like my wife's wedding ring it really doesn't matter to me how much it is or isn't worth because it's not for sale......but it is fun to talk about.

It's fun to talk about how much your wife's wedding ring is worth? You have such a sensitive side Steve.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I was referring to the cars.
I can think I'm sensitive if you can think you are a professional DBK.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can think I'm sensitive if you can think you are a professional DBK.

Only took 15 minutes? Or did you just finally decide to wake up Leslie at minute 13?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Had to run it through spell check a few times.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Had to run it through spell check a few times.

Nice ninja edit. You beat the "edited by" deadline. :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
And yes Lesley is now awake and pissed that we are dueling on line and that the phone is also freaking buzzing and beeping in her ear at 6:30 in the morning. Way to go Dave.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm just glad I still own one. I sit in my car (my other car) and stare at the title to the GT for hours, days even..... is it months now? Nope: 2 years, 6 months and 4 days. Hellava investment!

Seriously, even in its multiple conditions, the GT has always been an intrinsic beauty. There is, of course, the added value that comes with being part of a group of individuals like this forum. And one of the more important buying factors for me, it was built here by Americans, for everybody of course but mainly for the roads of America (also to prove to a specific group that we can and will 'open a can of whoop ass' every once in a while).

I'm currently trying to get my can opener working.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What Pockets? Half shaft bolts were free (warranty)...

...unless you paid for/installed a set of Accufabs before the warranty fix was issued.

... And are there not any taxes on your investments?

...only if you SELL 'em. 'Doesn't cost a dime just to own 'em (YET). Yeah, one pays taxes on dividends, but then, that's "income". 'Whole 'nuthur' kettle of fish...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Most bolts were replaced under warranty and if they weren't they'ed cost me less than $100 from Accufab plus a few hundred to install. This is probably less than you would spend for a nice bottle of wine and a good meal at one of your nice Vegas haunts. And when I read this "I don't "admire" dividends, I spend them in 'Vegas, SoCal and ARIDzona." I took it for you pay the taxes on your investments?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
As many of you out there, I didn't buy mine as an investment either. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it. It is a marvelous elixir and every time I take it out it makes my 83 year old body seem young again!
That's outstanding!
My Best,
Mark

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
I'm driving my Heritage from Tahoe to the Shelby Bash/50th Mustang celebration in Vegas. It's fun driving a car that wants to kill you everytime you drive it:)

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That would be a Viper, not a GT. LOL

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That would be a Viper, not a GT. LOL
+1

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I get real excited about my Heritage until I remember cap gains tax.

Anyone else paid their 2013 taxes yet?? Got absolutely hammered.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I get real excited about my Heritage until I remember cap gains tax.

Anyone else paid their 2013 taxes yet?? Got absolutely hammered.

Don't you folks in VA have a significant (annual) personal property tax as well? If so, is that computed on 'market' value?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Most bolts were replaced under warranty and if they weren't they'ed cost me less than $100 from Accufab plus a few hundred to install.

Then, regardless of what you paid - you paid, right? 'Odd...I thought that was what I said! :tongue:

...unless you paid for/installed a set of Accufabs before the warranty fix was issued.

And when I read this "I don't "admire" dividends, I spend them in 'Vegas, SoCal and ARIDzona." I took it for you pay the taxes on your investments?

I pay taxes on my income, I don't pay a dime to the govt on an investment (Edit: obviously I'm referring to EQUITIES here) just to keep it in my possession (as opposed to the GT where one does in the form of license tabs)...which I thought I had also said :mad:

......only if you SELL 'em. 'Doesn't cost a dime just to own 'em (YET). Yeah, one pays taxes on dividends, but then, that's "income". 'Whole 'nuthur' kettle of fish...

...yeeeeeeeeew nitpickin', hate & discontent creatin', hair splittin', contrary, no good mizzerbull...:facepalm:

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Alright Pockets, you win. I too am now happy you sold your GT and no longer find it....

"necessary for me to replace 1/2 shaft bolts, gauges (probably multiple times), headlites, clamshell vents, side splitters, chin spoilers, oil pumps, A/C components or anything else of that nature, NOR have I paid the state and my ins co a dime annually for owning it. Soooooooooo, mayhaps I'm actually a wee bit further ahead $$$-wise than I think I am?! :wink[/QUOTE]"

Glad you're further ahead for doing so. Now I'm off to work so I can afford to purchase more chin spoilers and side splitters.:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now I'm off to work so I can afford to purchase more chin spoilers and side splitters.:wink

...and don't forget to pay your taxes. 'SUMbuddy' has to fund my Soc. Sec.!