Wild Pricing

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
GT prices continue to go into the Stratosphere. From the $412,000 paid recently for the Heritage to the Blue 170 mile car currently on ebay which is priced at $369,000. A yellow 1500 mile GT recently sold for $300,000 on the West Coast. I think I will continue to sit on my low mile Heritage a bit longer and watch the returns keep pouring in. Best investment ever. Maybe good for us guys sitting on a GT but is it really that good for the hobby? I guess it is as long as buyers keep stepping up and paying the price. I think we are seeing big time collectors adding GTs to their collection and at a few hundred thousand dollars, they are bargains compared to vintage Ferraris, Astons, etc. it would appear that low mile, pristine collectable GTs are very, very hot right now. Great to see the GTs become a classic in our time. Now, if I had only kept the three new ones that I had back in 2006. Glad I still have one. Cheers, :biggrin

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Recent ebay FGT sold with Buy It Now price of $225K and was a 16,000 mile car. Appears that even higher miles cars are going for above $200K.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As i say ,the only investment a GT is your enjoyment! My cars only future is more mileage!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
If cars with no miles are going for $300k+, it makes sense that GT's with miles in the teens and rare color, will still bring $225 to $250.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
As many of you out there, I didn't buy mine as an investment either. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it. It is a marvelous elixir and every time I take it out it makes my 83 year old body seem young again!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
GT prices continue to go into the Stratosphere. From the $412,000 paid recently for the Heritage to the Blue 170 mile car currently on ebay which is priced at $369,000. A yellow 1500 mile GT recently sold for $300,000 on the West Coast. I think I will continue to sit on my low mile Heritage a bit longer and watch the returns keep pouring in. Best investment ever. Maybe good for us guys sitting on a GT but is it really that good for the hobby? I guess it is as long as buyers keep stepping up and paying the price. I think we are seeing big time collectors adding GTs to their collection and at a few hundred thousand dollars, they are bargains compared to vintage Ferraris, Astons, etc. it would appear that low mile, pristine collectable GTs are very, very hot right now. Great to see the GTs become a classic in our time. Now, if I had only kept the three new ones that I had back in 2006. Glad I still have one. Cheers, :biggrin

That 172-mile Blue/White on Fleabay is currently bid up to 250k with real bids. I think it went up to 260-or 270k on a no-sale last time around. I don't know where you saw 369k, but I would be very surprised if it were to sell for that much. I can see it getting 300K or so.

There's no question that a low-mile Heritage will soon be in the 500k range...maybe even within a year. Who woulda thunk it?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
As i say ,the only investment a GT is your enjoyment! My cars only future is more mileage!

I'm with ya on that Ron!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Luv the GT :usa

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There's no question that a low-mile Heritage will soon be in the 500k range...maybe even within a year. Who woulda thunk it?

Me...around 7 years ago...and boy did I 'hear about it' from the all-knowing back then. :bored

Yeah...I'm gloating - again.

Sue me...

('Going to my room now...)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Me...around 7 years ago...and boy did I 'hear about it' from the all-knowing back then. :bored

Yeah...I'm gloating - again.

Sue me...

('Going to my room now...)

Just think about what your pristine low mileage blu/wht would be worth today.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just think about what your pristine low mileage blu/wht would be worth today.

...about the same as what I reinvested the money in, Clinton...and said investment has been paying qtrly dividends the whole time. :wink

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
^^^^^^ That's just mean Clinton:facepalm::lol:facepalm::lol

Glad to hear that EP.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
...about the same as what I reinvested the money in, Clinton...and said investment has been paying qtrly dividends the whole time. :wink
Yeah, but what is better, admiring your dividends, or a FGT in you garage? If you like the dividends more why own a car at all? You don't drive them! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yeah, but what is better, admiring your dividends, or a FGT in you garage? If you like the dividends more why own a car at all? You don't drive them! :lol

I don't "admire" dividends, I spend them in 'Vegas, SoCal and ARIDzona. But note (and I'll bet THIS will open a can of worms): said investment has not made it necessary for me to replace 1/2 shaft bolts, gauges (probably multiple times), headlites, clamshell vents, side splitters, chin spoilers, oil pumps, A/C components or anything else of that nature, NOR have I paid the state and my ins co a dime annually for owning it. Soooooooooo, mayhaps I'm actually a wee bit further ahead $$$-wise than I think I am?! :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
If you aren't going to drive the car you don't really need insurance and maintenance is also nil. Now if for some reason the car is damaged in the garage you aren't covered, but that exposure is very small.

I still have the original, headlights, clamshell vents, side splitters, chin spoilers, oil pump, A/C components, but have changed the 1/2 shaft bolts, Speedhut gauges. Other than that nothing has needed replacing other than changing the oil, plugs and filters. I did add a lot of upgrades, but it wasn't something I had to do.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yuz missed muh point, Clinton...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Very hard to know what eBay cars actually sell for, because "winning" auction bids and "buy it now" sales are not contractual. Many are taken offline and negotiated down. Real money talks, eBay bids walk.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Negotiated down, yes, but not by 10K I am sure...and just look at the ones that truly bid right up and don't sell. That's a better barometer. Then go and see the live auctions and what they're getting; those don't lie. It's all relative and we all agree that they're rising fast. Check out the value on haggerty. They've risen 40%+ since mid 2013 and you can see it there.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Glad to hear that EP.....

Thanks, Chris.

Regardless, have there been times when I have regretted selling #1079 just on general principles? Yup. 'Darned right there has. As I've mentioned many times, my FGT was - and still IS - THEE most ridiculously outrageous car I've ever owned, built, driven, rented, ridden it, or SEEN in my life. N-O-T-H-I-N-G even comes close. But, because of a 'twilight zone moment' (among other reasons that pale in comparison), 'twas best that I parted with the car. And I did. 'No regrets. TRUST ME on that one. (You have nooooooo idea...)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What Pockets? Half shaft bolts were free (warranty) and I have a bad gauge. Besides that plus insurance and oil changes my car has been almost "O" to own. And are there not any taxes on your investments?

Last edited: