Largo, Florida
Excellent videos Gary.

Blowing the camera around-very funny.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have the same setup. Borla long tubes ceramic coated matte black (Jet Hot) with the FR muffler. No drone, mild around town and screams at WOT. No check engine issues either. Very happy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Added drive-by video to post #1.

Finally got to my computer to listen to this. Sounds great, Gary. Just a rec, though: you need to get a stereo mic. The mono doesn't convey the sound very well.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sounds anemic compared to bonehead's FRPP rear exit headers. :lol

Mine car probably even more anemic, stock manifold, FRPP cat deletes and Borla muffler. When I was running the stock manifolds, FRPP cat deletes into an Accufab I would give bonehead or Ed Sims some competition for lost hearing.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Finally got to my computer to listen to this. Sounds great, Gary. Just a rec, though: you need to get a stereo mic. The mono doesn't convey the sound very well.

Flip cam. You need a sub-woofer on your PC.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
When I was running the stock manifolds, FRPP cat deletes into an Accufab I would give bonehead or Ed Sims some competition for lost hearing.

Glory days, yeah they'll pass you by.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
With some miles, I have to say these are loud. So loud that I often hesitate to get on it...for fear of attracting leos from the next county. No joke. It's way cool, but maybe over the top.

If you're thinking of going this way, but have some empathy for your neighbors and society at large, try to get an extended drive. I can't imagine that bonehead's neighbors love his rear exits.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
With some miles, I have to say these are loud. So loud that I often hesitate to get on it...for fear of attracting leos from the next county. No joke. It's way cool, but maybe over the top.

If you're thinking of going this way, but have some empathy for your neighbors and society at large, try to get an extended drive. I can't imagine that bonehead's neighbors love his rear exits.

My neighbors probably don't like me very much when I venture out at 6 AM, but no one has egged my house yet, so I'll just assume they don't mind that much:)

Gary, you really think it's that loud? I imagine the FRPP racing muffler takes the decibels down quite a bit compared to the rear exits. Sometimes, I wish my car was louder....true story.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My neighbors probably don't like me very much when I venture out at 6 AM, but no one has egged my house yet, so I'll just assume they don't mind that much:)

Gary, you really think it's that loud? I imagine the FRPP racing muffler takes the decibels down quite a bit compared to the rear exits. Sometimes, I wish my car was louder....true story.

If you want it louder you can gut the packing inside the collectors. :lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If you want it louder you can gut the packing inside the collectors. :lol

I said 'sometimes'. I'm not that crazy.
I've never actually looked inside the collectors. I wouldn't be surprised if they were hollow and actually amplified the sound.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I said 'sometimes'. I'm not that crazy.
I've never actually looked inside the collectors. I wouldn't be surprised if they were hollow and actually amplified the sound.

They look like this inside

157-40977.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
They look like this inside

157-40977.jpg

What is depicted by the orange? Looks like a merge collector. Is there actual packing in there?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
What is depicted by the orange? Looks like a merge collector. Is there actual packing in there?
I believe the FRPP collector is of the same design as the XR-1 muffler/collector that Borla sells. It is packed with stainless steel wool.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

I don't think there is much of anything inside the muffler. Another difference between the 1st and 2nd gen muffler besides loudness --- the 2nd gen doesn't discolor from heat.

The long tube headers don't have that packing in the collectors.

I'm looking forward to a head to head comparo. Anybody have decibel meter to bring to the rally?

Oh...and I got a CEL after a few hundred miles.