Mclaren MP4 : Volcano Red fully loaded FOR SALE

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Mclaren MP4 : Volcano Red fully loaded **SOLD**

Gents,
I purchased this lovely Volcano Red 2012 Mclaren MP4-12C coupe around March 2013 from the Tampa Bay Mclaren dealer. At that time, it had approx. 1800 miles on it and was just traded in from its original owner towards a 2013 spyder. I have had the car for about a year now, and the odometer currently shows 3399 miles on it. Sadly, it has never seen a track or even been pushed near its limits. The car has about the highest MSRP seen in a coupe, at approx $326k. Volcano Red has to be seen in person - it is the most amazing color I have ever seen on a car, and I am normally not even a red fan. I was originally looking at black or gray or silver. When my artist wife saw the color, she was blown away.

The car has more or less every available option, including carbon bits everywhere, carbon brakes, and the sports exhaust which makes it sound amazing. I have added a few small touches - skid plate (installed by the Tampa Mclaren dealer), extended carbon fiber shift paddles and carbon center console plate (by Macarbon)

All the factory upgrades have been done by the dealer, giving it approx 616 hp. The car has been meticulously maintained and regularly serviced by the official Tampa Mclaren dealer and is perfect. There are no known cosmetic or mechanical issues of any sort. The interior still smells new. The car is amazing and has been essentially trouble free. It comes with everything from new, including factory cover, charger, books, sticker etc...

I am only selling it (with mixed feelings) because I have been so busy at work this year, I find myself having no time to drive it, or any of the other cars.

As some others have said, it is the performance deal of the decade. Having traded a Ferrari 458 for it, I have to say I like just about everything about the MP4 more.

I am asking only $195,000, which I think makes it about the best deal and most competitively priced perfectly optioned car out there. As many of you know, I am most certainly not a dealer, and sell maybe one car every few years to make room.

The car is of course available for personal inspection for serious buyers. Please feel free to PM me.

** She has been SOLD **

Attachments

• mclaren 1.jpg
    mclaren 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,381
  • mclaren 2.jpg
    mclaren 2.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • mclaren 7.jpg
    mclaren 7.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
More photos...

Attachments

• mclaren 3.jpg
    mclaren 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 742
  • mclaren sticker1.jpg
    mclaren sticker1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 803
  • mclaren 4.jpg
    mclaren 4.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 872

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That thing is disgustingly GORGEOUS!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That thing is disgustingly GORGEOUS!

It surly is a stunner. You should buy it!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Saw that car at Amelia in 2013, what a color!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
GLWS Sale Mitch!! Beautiful car, on a smaller scale, went through the same process on our raptor, was going white, black, silver, then saw Ruby red (loosely a similar color) and went with it. Wonderful car!!!

What is a "Stealth Pack"?

Cool boat!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Saw that car at Amelia in 2013, what a color!!

Funny - that is where my wife and I actually saw it !
I bought it from the McLaren dealer right there. Traded my 458 for it.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
GLWS Sale Mitch!! Beautiful car, on a smaller scale, went through the same process on our raptor, was going white, black, silver, then saw Ruby red (loosely a similar color) and went with it. Wonderful car!!!

What is a "Stealth Pack"?

Cool boat!

I initially hoped the stealth pack would make it invisible to radar and laser, so no speed limits ...
However, I believe it is when the exhaust and some other trim bits are blackened out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow at that price I can't imagine it will last very long. I wish I had space and I don't want to swap the GT yet.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It surly is a stunner. You should buy it!

'Nearest McLaren dealership/service dept is in Bev. Hills 'far as I know. 'Don't like the odds involved there...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
'Nearest McLaren dealership/service dept is in Bev. Hills 'far as I know. 'Don't like the odds involved there...

I'm about 4 hrs from the nearest McLaren dealer. They have been amazing in terms of customer service. They pick up the car for upgrades, service etc.. at their expense, without hesitation, or a hitch.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm about 4 hrs from the nearest McLaren dealer. They have been amazing in terms of customer service. They pick up the car for upgrades, service etc.. at their expense, without hesitation, or a hitch.

What about being further away? I looked at one but the closest dealer from Denver is in Texas... In Vegas it looks like the closest one would be in LA or Scottsdale.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

Why worry, you'd never drive it anyway!!!!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What about being further away? I looked at one but the closest dealer from Denver is in Texas... In Vegas it looks like the closest one would be in LA or Scottsdale.

When I bought it, they told me they do free transport to the nearest dealer, wherever that is. Barring Hawaii (sorry Dave) and Alaska, should be fine if it's not your primary car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ah so easily worth $1030 ha ha...

I initially hoped the stealth pack would make it invisible to radar and laser, so no speed limits ...
However, I believe it is when the exhaust and some other trim bits are blackened out.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

:agree:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Gorgeous color, for sure, and an A+ seller.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What? This car hasn't sold yet? I am shocked.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I saw that car at the dealership. It is easily the best paint I've seen on a production car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

:agree: :agree: