Ford GT National Rally 9 *REGISTRATION* Who's in?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
All that's typically required for the track would be closed toed shoes and a helmet. No shirt, no shoes, no service. No flip flops. I'll have to look at the insurance policy from the provider SM uses when I get back tomorrow, and we'll dig up one of Roketman's vintage track threads.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Always fun to pre-run, even if it's in an atrociously bad rental car.

usyhe9ah.jpg

ejety4az.jpg

hu4e2e3a.jpg

ygytaheg.jpg

meha6a6a.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Yes. SOP for us. Track gear? I haven't seen anything saying we need track gear. Did I miss a post?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

As DBK said, helmet/shoes are all you typically need. But the helmet itself takes up more space than you realize, esp when there's such little room to begin with. Also bringing boots, gloves and my and some of my wife's clothes. Sure it could be done but I'd rather not cram the car up like a U-Haul.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dave, Can you ask the track if they can provide helmets? NOLA took care of us. Even if I pack one (which I'd rather not do), Amy wants to ride with me. Anyone who wants to ride shotgun needs to buy/pack/ship a helmet too? Maybe Ron would let us borrow Helmut.

Also, I realize the road runs are to be a surprise, but would you de-conflict with Special Ed and the Pre-Rally run he has planned to minimize overlap?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If anyone needs to ship stuff you could ship it to me and I'll hold it for you to pick up. We are about 7 miles from the hotel.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Those canyons are so gorgeous!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok its time to book plane tickets for rally 9.Are there any pre and post rally plans on the table?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Special Ed and Chip have posted pre-rally plans. Have not seen post-rally plans.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I am planning on a Monday pre-Rally drive. More info to be posted in September.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mr. Ed - e-mail me your drive plan when you get a second. Doesn't need to be ultra specific, just the general region you plan on hitting!

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Just booked my room.

Going to book truck soon

bigdaddo

GT Owner
Jan 2, 2006
Bonehead: When you find out the schedule of events, let me know.

-bigdaddo (West Clark)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry about the delay on response West, I will get something up tonight.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A couple things cooking:

• A discussion with Camilo Pardo centered on his experience on Motor City Masters. It's been fun seeing just a small batch of Camilo-isms be on actual TV, and I'm sure people will be interested to hear Camilo's reflections on the show, the process, and what he took from the overall experience. Don't forget to tune into the finale on Tuesday August 26th at 10PM. If Camilo wins, drinks in Vegas are on him!

• A panel discussion with members of the Ford GT team reflecting on the program now that it's been a decade (!) since production began. I spoke with Rick Titus this morning, and he tells me his schedule is clear as of today and he will be there to moderate and act as host, barring Ford deciding to send him to a faraway land on the new F-150 launch tour. Most of you will have watched Rick on the original owner's experience DVD's provided by Ford to the dealerships. Tomy Hamon suggested we hook up and try and bring Rick in because of his experience speaking on Ford's behalf, the production of the original FGT DVD, and his experience as an FGT owner. His original blue no stripe car is now owned by forum member mmlcobra. As of today, the following are definites:

Ford GT Chief Designer Camilo Pardo
    Ford GT Vehicle Engineering Manager Tom Reichenbach (it's been awhile since we've seen Tom! He is a great storyteller for FGT)
    Ford GT Vehicle Dynamics Supervisor Mark McGowan
    Ford GT Chassis Design/Vehicle Dynamics & Development engineer Scott Ahlman
    Ford GT Engineering Team member Denis Breitenbach
    Ford GT Engineering Team member Rich Brooks

Trying to work in a few other people that we've got on the fence because FMC is just slammed busy right now. Also congratulations will be order to Mean Gene Martindale, who is getting married just a few weeks before the Rally, so it may be their honeymoon!

Two months to go!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Outstanding! Look at this team... 10 years later! The GT is keeping them all young... at least at heart.

Chris and Fred?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Talked to Fred. His wife is unable to travel which makes it hard for him so he's going to have to skip, but he will definitely be at R.X next summer.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The long lost Jamal? Surely Camilo can fix him up.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I plan to stop by and say hello at some point. We have a national dealer meeting in Vegas that week so I will be there Sun through Weds.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Just registered! Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing you all!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have a beach cabana reserved on Tuesday if anyone wants to stop by or hang out.

We did that at the last Vegas Rally & Bony sat in the middle smoking cigars & drinking Marker's Mark manhattans the whole day. For a while he had wet towel on his head to cool down - he looked like a sheik & we were his entourage (harem?). That was a fun day.

Ed

I remember that. Good times with Bony and Ed!