ACR Viper owner, just got my first GT!

HPGT

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Great car Andy. Awhile back, I searched the country for a GT, and found one in your back yard.

Hugh (HP) Viper Alley

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
She's a Beauty! Thanks for sharing great pix! Especially the Side Shot w/Texas Flag! LOL! Enjoy! Be Safe!

So it arrived today and its in fantastic shape. 2006, 3 option car (Mac delete), one owner, with 4,200 miles. I had the chance to put about 20 miles on the car and wow what a wonderful driving experience. Very different from the Viper but so so nice . Here's a couple shots I snapped of it today.

I know some of you guys from the Viper forums, and I look forward to getting to know the GT community.

Andy Wheeler

Last edited:

FLATOUT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2013
Montgomery, Texas
Great car Andy. Awhile back, I searched the country for a GT, and found one in your back yard.

Hugh (HP) Viper Alley

Nice to see you here Hugh.

JWZ since I don't plan on modding the car much if at all I'll probably get the camera on it quite a bit.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
You did get the best/fastest/most beautiful color, enjoy, drive and smile!!
All GTs are beautiful!
On a few of your points I might have to disagree!
Best,
Mark

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
White & Blue are Awsome & Fast Too....Congrats.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Congrats, beautiful ride!

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
as an aside would you buy another viper? considering buying a 2006 coupe for fun and future investment value. currently have a couple gt's. any opinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Andy. Congratulation, great color and love your pictures. Your pictures would make a great calendar from Texas. Here's hoping we cover the State of Texas with Ford GT's. Love it!

FLATOUT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2013
Montgomery, Texas
as an aside would you buy another viper? considering buying a 2006 coupe for fun and future investment value. currently have a couple gt's. any opinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Absolutely I would buy another, but I'm addicted to the Gen IV 2008-2010 ACR's. They're a track rats dream, and are more capable on track than anything I have driven including the GT. The ACR'S 7:12 ring time is pretty incredible for what it is. Similar to the FGT in terms of reliability and easy to work on. I'd like to always have an ACR to play with no matter what else is in the garage.

FLATOUT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2013
Montgomery, Texas
Welcome Andy. Congratulation, great color and love your pictures. Your pictures would make a great calendar from Texas. Here's hoping we cover the State of Texas with Ford GT's. Love it!

Between you Mullet and I we have the south, central, and north side of Houston covered in White with blue stripe cars.

Rainmaker

Jun 17, 2014
It's beautiful, congrats. What are the biggest differences between the FGT and the Viper?