"New Posts" not working

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Some time yesterday afternoon the "New Posts" started displaying things without formatting. Pic of window attached. It happens in both Firefox and Explorer and on two different computers so I don't think it's my end

forum.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Chrome too.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
And Safari

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
all of the above on MAC too

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome. Try restarting browser. vBulletin updates like to screw a lot of stuff up at this point.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.06.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.06.29 PM.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.07.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.07.20 PM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.10.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 1.10.03 PM.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 247

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Working now. I didn't do anything except let time pass.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Intermittent. It was working at home and then acted up again and is now messed up on my Samsung phone

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Tony...Do you have Tapatalk? It's free and wasn't affected on my Android phone.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have also had problems posting and can't post pictures by going (go advanced) and managing attachments. Both my main computer, laptop, and i pad are experiencing same problems. I really don't think the problem is with my equipment.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony...Do you have Tapatalk? It's free and wasn't affected on my Android phone.

No but I don't think it's relevant to this problem. It's happening at home on two different computers again. One is my scanner machine (a Thinkpad W510) that hardly ever visits the web, so I'm reasonably sure the problem is at the server end and not on the client end. Others seeing the same thing is a good indication. Just for yucks I tried Chrome on the Mac and it works OK. I just tried Explorer on the same computer that I'm doing this on (but I'm using Firefox) and the explorer window is OK too. . At the same instant in time, the phone still shows just a text page. There is definitely something goofy going on

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Still screwed up on my Mac/Chrome.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Posting from Mac/Chrome now, can't get problem to replicate. Can you clear your browsing history and retry?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Posting from Mac/Chrome now, can't get problem to replicate. Can you clear your browsing history and retry?

Nope. Still FUBAR'd.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Dave, it's happening on three different computers with three different browsers. Quitting and rebooting don't change anything. It does seem random as it is working now but on another computer right now it is broken.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, it's happening on three different computers with three different browsers. Quitting and rebooting don't change anything.

twobjshelbys, as you change and reload the .php files, it often requires a browser restart for the changes to be visible.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
twobjshelbys, as you change and reload the .php files, it often requires a browser restart for the changes to be visible.

Both computer #2 and the phone were totally fresh restarts, and computer #2 was with both Firefox and Explorer and I had to log in for the first time on both. In fact, the phone was a total restart this morning. Computer #3 (the mac, again the very first time I ever fired up the browser on that machine and had to log in) started off working but then while I was trying all three computers it stopped working too.

So it's affecting others too. It's a mystery.

It is working right now on this computer. At first I thought it might be the skin (I use the Heritage) and it worked on the Mac with the default Matech skin but stopped working on the second visit (which was just a quit and restart in the same session).

I'm not arguing with you just trying to give you details of what works and not.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Boom. I just changed from the Matech style (where it is working) to the Heritage and it does not work. Try changing the skins to see if it is different.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You're obviously not understanding what I'm saying. I'm changing files now and asking if that has caused it to change. I'm not asking if restarting your computer 5x from this morning to now has changed anything.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It did not change it. I tried it on two computers. If I changed to the Heritage skin and then quit the browser and came back it didn't work. If I set it to Matech, quit, and come back it works. Computer #1 is my normal laptop and #2 is the mac. Same results on both machines.

P.S. On #1 I got the same results with Firefox and Explorer.

What skin are others using when it doesn't work?

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Oh crap delete this I meant to post a snippet and it is interpreting the JS. You are missing the closing script tag prior to line 117 in the search.php page… I think :)

Last edited: