2015 Mustang in Yellow

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I thought they got rid of the faux gas cap. Blech.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Dave.

Ed, it seems the faux gas cap is only on the anniversary cars. That is fitting, even though I never cared for that design feature.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Just called my dealer on the 50th anniversary and asked to be first on the list if they get one. Pretty good chance. Will really depend on what the MSRP +++ will be.

Larry

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks Dave.

Ed, it seems the faux gas cap is only on the anniversary cars. That is fitting, even though I never cared for that design feature.

Of course, on the original cars, thru 1973, the center gas cap was functional (I don't know about the Mustang IIs). Even today, on my 1966, I find it so nice, as to be able to pick either side of a gas pump island to fuel up!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Tune In: Our Mustang restoration will be featured on 'Fox & Friends'

From Hagerty Classic Cars Weekly News:

In conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang, the "Fox & Friends" morning television news show will host a special segment featuring our very own McKeel Hagerty tomorrow, April 17, at 7:30 a.m. ET. McKeel will discuss the Mustang's significance in American culture and the impact that it had on the automobile industry, and the national TV audience will also get a glimpse of the Hagerty employee-restored 1964½ Mustang, completed just last week. Check your local listings and enjoy the show!

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
The new rear 1/4 widow just make the car look professional compared to the previous model

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The new rear 1/4 widow just make the car look professional compared to the previous model

That rear 1/4 window has been a design fail since the 1st GT 350. The "vents" on the original fastback looked good. After that, not so much. It took 50 years to resolve that design problem.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I got a 50th hat from hagerty in the mail last week, guess they checked their database and saw I have a couple.....

From Hagerty Classic Cars Weekly News:

In conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang, the "Fox & Friends" morning television news show will host a special segment featuring our very own McKeel Hagerty tomorrow, April 17, at 7:30 a.m. ET. McKeel will discuss the Mustang's significance in American culture and the impact that it had on the automobile industry, and the national TV audience will also get a glimpse of the Hagerty employee-restored 1964½ Mustang, completed just last week. Check your local listings and enjoy the show!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...The "vents" on the original fastback looked good....

Actually, one of the nice features of the vents is that they are functional, so that you can "draw" air through the vehicle with the windows closed. Works nice on warm rainy days. And you can adjust the amount of opening to regulate the air flow.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That rear 1/4 window has been a design fail since the 1st GT 350.

I suspected there was something wrong with your eyesight, now I'm convinced of it.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
For definition of "tacked on," see "Mustang rear quarter window."

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
For definition of "tacked on," see "Mustang rear quarter window."

Philistine

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Philistine

Yes,well...your opinion is, of course, valid. I will forgive the name calling, along with all your other youthful indiscretions.

This discussion triggered long forgotten memories (yes, I know about age and long term vs. short term, so you can save yet another indiscretion) of the time, 47 years ago, when a friend bought a new '67 GT 350.

At the time, I had a '66 Mustang with HiPo 289.

My first reaction was envy of his 306 hp vs. my 271.

Once I got past that, three things registered. 1. That light green paint is boring. 2. That fiberglass hood (with silly quick release pins) doesn't fit well. 3. Those rear quarter windows are not good.

BTW, I learned how to adjust solid lifters on that car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Actually, the "original" 1965 GT350s did not get the rear quarter window, but kept the lourved vents. Here is a picture of Jim Schields in his original GT350-R, Chassis SFM5S272.

View attachment 33589

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Right. My friend got a '67.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Right. My friend got a '67.

Actually, I am going brain dead. His '67 had scoops, which looked nice. The earlier clear windows, and every attempt since, didn't work. I'll shut up now.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
It is all a matter of taste, and experience. I had several 65's fast backs with the vents, and although I liked the way they looked, they created a huge blind spot. When I did my recreation, I went with the 66 quarter windows for visibility. I also like the look, but to each their own.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It is all a matter of taste, and experience. I had several 65's fast backs with the vents, and although I liked the way they looked, they created a huge blind spot. When I did my recreation, I went with the 66 quarter windows for visibility. I also like the look, but to each their own.

:agree:

I always thought the quarter windows looked cool! They signified the GT350s which Mustang owners lusted for.