MVP 2014 track time schedule.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
As you know several of us in the Mid West run with MVP Track Time, Mark runs a great venue. Here is the information for the 2014 schedule of track dates. Many of you have been following the COTA dilemma and not sure if is over yet, goes to prove there are jackasses in every state even Texas. Couple of new tracks this year. I am planning on running in 5 of these events and hope to see others there. Contact Mark if interested, note these dates typically fill 4 to 6 weeks ahead.

Good Day Track Buddies:

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. I ate too much and disassembled the engine from the Stohr as a connecting rod let go at Road Atlanta on Sunday. For those of you who work on your cars, may I suggest gloves, lest you have to visit an urgent care center for stitches like yours truly. Lesson learned.

We are very excited about MVP Track Time’s 2014 schedule, below you will find MVP Track Time’s 2014 initial track schedule (so far). We are adding two new venues to our traditional dates, Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Michigan and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. COTA????

• 2014: Circuit of The Americas (Austin, TX) - ????

• June 9: Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, IL - Full 3.56 Mile Track) – “Monday at The Bahn”

• June 28 – 29: Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA) – 2nd annual “Blue & Grey Track Days”

• August 4: Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, IL - Full 3.56 Mile Track) – “First Monday In August”

• September 6 – 7: Gingerman Raceway (South Haven, MI) – NO CATCHY TITLE YET

• October 10 - 12: Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI) – 5th annual “Cheese Heads On Track” [Three Days of Road America Fun – DROOL, DROOL]

• October 31 – November 2: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Lexington, OH) – 1st annual “Let’s Go Play at Mid-Ohio” [Three Days at Mid-Ohio – YEEAAH!  ]

• November 22 – 23: Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA) – 6th annual “Flyin’ Turkey Trot”

Registration is available (or will be soon – finalizing some pricing for a few events) on our web site registration page at: http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

As always, I’m excited to announce MVP’s annual track pilgrimages. I hope you’ll join us at the track in 2014 as we celebrate our 7th season of on-track excitement. I can’t wait until opening day at the track. We HOPE (it springs eternal you know) to be confirming two more SIGNIFICANT events soon, one in early spring/late winter and another in late spring. We will keep you updated to any 2014 changes.

MVP is expanding the October 2014 Road America event to three days in partnership with Aston-Martin Racing North America (http://TRG-AstonMartinRacing.com) so not only will you still get your usual 2+ hours of track time each day, but you’ll also enjoy 15-20 Aston Martin GT cars racing around Road America that Saturday and Sunday. How cool is that?

It’s exciting when drivers thank me for the events we host, and it’s truly a testament to what we’ve tried to do at MVP when you refer your track cronies, family or friends. I know we are doing something right (lots of tack time without the BS police) and we plan to continue doing so. None of this is possible without you spending your hard-earned dollars (and they seem to be harder to earn and keep recently) with MVP Track Time, so give yourself a pat on the back. Thank you.

Now that we are past Black Friday, Crazy Saturday, Nutty Sunday, etc. consider an MVP Track Time gift certificate as stocking stuffers. Given enough time, we can get them to you or yoru loved ones (as a gift for you) in time for Christmas. Details are available at: http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id74.html or just contact me.

If we have any changes to the schedule (Ahem – COTA 2014), it will be reflected on MVP’s web site and likely communicated via e-mail. If you have any questions, you can reach me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com. Happy Motoring and I’ll see you at the track in 2014.

Mark Pfeffer – MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Phone: (314) 249-3770
Fax: (636) 530-6846
E-mail: Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

Like MVP Track Time on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MVPTrackTime?ref=hl

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
COTA is a go for Jan. 30 to Feb. 2 for 3 days contact me if interested ($1,350), no novice drivers per Mark.
blake@biginch.net
765-592-0830

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
COTA is a go for Jan. 30 to Feb. 2 for 3 days contact me if interested ($1,350), no novice drivers per Mark.
blake@biginch.net
765-592-0830

I'm signed up. They usually rent out F1 garages for the 3 days (have to ask Mark). First come, first served. FGT guys may want to grab one. 3-4 cars fit in there easily. See you all there.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Im signed up too

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Me too, although they've just announced a date change to the following weekend. The folk at COTA are living up to their usual reputation of being totally disorganized.....

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Im out due to the date change as I have already signed up for race that same weekend. I hate to miss it but am already committed

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Well COTA is all go for Feb. 7-8-9 with a full field. I think there will be 4-5 Forum members there. Hoping for good weather and will send photos in couple weeks. Other track days are starting to fill up if interested.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im out due to the date change as I have already signed up for race that same weekend. I hate to miss it but am already committed

What are you racing?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Desert race on dirt bike in New Mexico - I still run several Enduros each year and am going to do this desert race with my riding buddies

What are you racing?

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
I may go to Joliet for the June 9th run.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Was a great weekend at COTA!!! Friday was a bit nippy with a couple hours cancelled by the icy mixture. After that it was a blast. Sat. & Sun. were both sunny and mild. 3 layer race suits were kinda nice. Our little group lost one American Iron mustang to a blown clutch and on Sunday morning we lost a 2013 Boss Laguna Seca to a blown engine. Yikes!! At ford now for diagnosis. Nice to meet Blake and his incredible Indy 500 Motorhome and car hauler. Ben Beckerts new V-8 radical ran a track best time of 2:13. Wow is that thing fast. Couldn't be the driver! haha Can not wait till next year!

Larry
Thugboat

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Here's a couple of raw GoPro video clips of me chasing Blake in his red GT. Generally running similar lap times with my Caterham quicker in the technical sections including the esses and the stadium section after turn 12. He definitely pulls me on the two long straights. Action starts at about 5:30 in both videos. I froze my gonads on Friday with the high in the low 30's. Wore 3 layers and was still cold. Sat and Sun were in the 60's with the sun out. COTA is a blast and I feel very fortunate to have been on it the last 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMw8TruFCTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibk_HLL8ZtA

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Look closely behind AJ's helmet, and you'll see my blue GT lurking in the background. I had a blast once again! My car ran flawlessly all weekend. I must admit, I didn't push as hard as I could, given that I didn't want to stuff an increasingly valuable GT into a wall, but it was still so much fun to drive a car with three pedals and no computers. Last year in the McLaren was lots faster (about ten seconds a lap) but less enjoyable. Now for a good clean to get rid of all the tire chunks stuck to the rims, and a new front splitter to get rid of the big missing piece I now have thanks to a 'conversation' with one of COTA's mega corner apex markers.

F

Feffman

Good Morning:

MVP Track Time has been inundated by inquiries about entry fees for our (www.MVPTrackTime.com) 2014 track events. This same information is on our web site, so no one gets a "surprise” when registering. The dates and entry fees for our 2014 track events are listed below.

February 7 - 9, 2014: Circuit of The Americas - SOLD OUT

June 9, 2014: Autobahn Country Club (FULL 3.56 mile track) - $250

June 28 – 29, 2014: Road Atlanta:
Weekend: $400
Single Day: $250

August 4, 2014: Autobahn Country Club II (FULL 3.56 mile track) - $250

September 6-7, 2014: Gingerman Raceway:
Weekend: $325
Single Day: $225

October 10 – 12, 2014: Road America:
3-Day: $480
Weekend: $380
Single Day: $255

October 31– November 2, 2014: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course:
3-Day: $450
Weekend: $350

November 22 – 23, 2014: Road Atlanta:
Weekend: $400

All information and registration is available on the "Track Day Registration" page of the web site at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Generally, we schedule a minimum two hours of actual track time (longer when possible) for each run group daily. Complimentary, qualified instructors are available for drivers in the Novice run group.

Please feel free to call (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com if you need more information. All safe and courteous drivers are welcome.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track in 2014.

Feff

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Mark with MVP runs a class operation. I wish I could get away from work so I could run the other tracks they have access to including Road America, Road Atlanta, and Mid-O.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I am all set up for the next 4 track times, like ByeEnzo said the run a tight ship. At COTA with the rain on Friday they got us and extra hour on Saturday and on Sunday.
If any of the Forum members are planning on attending these events let me know.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
As much fun as the three day deal sounds it was more time than I could allocate. However they've offered a full day track event in March similar to the one I did in November and they cut the price in half for PSL holders so I'm doing that. Searching for advice on track/street tires.

Sounds like the COTA event rocked. Wish I could get away for some of the other events as some are tracks I've been on before.

F

Feffman

Good Day All:

We have a limited number of spots remaining for our August 4th track day at Autobahn Country Club.

Registration is available on line with Pay Pal (you can use any major credit card through the Pay Pal system) or a mail-in registration for all our track events at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com if you have any questions. Happy Motoring!

Feff

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
I just signed up for the "Novice" august 4th Autobahn!...and words of wisdom? What kind of helmet should I buy and from where should I buy it.. motorcycle dealer?
Thanks!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just signed up for the "Novice" august 4th Autobahn!...and words of wisdom? What kind of helmet should I buy and from where should I buy it.. motorcycle dealer?
Thanks!

If you plan on continuing your tracking or racing activities, find a helmet that you like that has a Snell Foundation 2010 automobile certification, as there are some organizations which will not accept a motorcycle certified helmet for use in automobiles.

Last edited: