TimePieces Thread

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Forgot about this one. Don't wear it much, the clasp is a bit finicky,I need to get it fixed.. Stays regulated pretty well though and hasn't been serviced for at least 20 yrs. 1958 100% original. When these rivet bracelets break-in after years of wear they are comfortable like a nice leather chair.

GMT.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Note the Ford logo on the second hand. Ford of Switzerland secured these back in 2005 when the 101 European GTs were sent over. They were made by Aviatex Technology, a small Swiss watch manufacturer, and were available in all GT the colors. I believe Aviatex is now out-of-business but the parts are off-the-shelf Swiss stuff so I should be okay for servicing it.

I have to find the e-mail, but someone sent me an e-mail a while back saying that they would be taking over service for the watches now that Aviatex was out of business.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm not a watch/jewelry guy but got sick of replacing semi expensive watches annually. I got this in 2000, and it has been bomb proof. I'm not easy on watches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 418

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
0E00C683-D27C-468F-B0B4-E8BB3643C149-889-000000713D8FA058.jpg

I should have known it is a prerequisite to own a Corum Admiral's Cup to own a FGT. Everyone here has such good taste. Before these posts I thought I was the only one who had one. I have never seen anyone else wearing one and on this site there are 4 others.

Rob

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I have to find the e-mail, but someone sent me an e-mail a while back saying that they would be taking over service for the watches now that Aviatex was out of business.

Wow! If you can find the e-mail for this guy it would be super helpful... I need a new band and it seems to be a one-off design. Thank you! Rob

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is one of my favorites that I will never sell, it called the Barrichello 2, note the automotive ties in, that include the pushers shaped like diffusers, and the bezel with cooling fins like a brake rotor.

IMG_6413.jpgIMG_6414.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This is one of my favorites that I will never sell, it called the Barrichello 2, note the automotive ties in, that include the pushers shaped like diffusers, and the bezel with cooling fins like a brake rotor.

View attachment 28354View attachment 28355

Not a fan of AP in general, but that's pretty cool:)

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
My B&R before my girlfriend absconded with it. She didn't even know what it was other than "it was a super cool looking watch". So now she wears it every day and I'm trying to find a new daily replacement. Thinking of trying a U-Boat. I know they are rather "new" in the watch industry but they have a couple cool looking models on the market.

B&R.jpg

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
I love the U-Boat U-51 Rattrappante !!!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Picked this up yesterday. Fun!

datona.jpg

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sweet!

$?

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
yes $!

Will somebody please go over and tell the boys at BR that everything with a hand on it does not need to become a watch.

http://www.watch-insider.com/news/baselworld-2013-preview-bell-ross/#

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I have never seen anyone else wearing one and on this site there are 4 others.

Rob

I've never seen anyone wearing one of these either. They intrigue the dickens out of me. (Photo quality here stinks though)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gadge/8585516954/

Watching the movement being assembled makes one wonder how the devil they do it (...'gives a far better look at the end product than the photo above).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdmoGoh3ck

Does anyone here own one of these? Thoughts?

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Fascinating. Assembled by very patient, calm individuals on prosaic I suppose. A bit large by design of course. I guess you could just sit around and smoke pot and watch it run. Intriguing.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Several years ago, getting a presentation on the 3 bridges, solidified Corum to me as a "real" brand. Don't own one but it sure is cool.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The watch world has become hyper...I had to push the stool away from bar and not turn back

10yrs ago 1-3 makers had retro or Professional (pilot, diver, racer) grade models....now every maker has like 10

You can easily drop $25K-100K on watches...and once you enter in car money level...I cant do it

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A HUGE +1. The industry marched / ran past me, and I was IN with both feet. Seeing pieces almost double due to price increases, the explosion of brands, and companies loosing focus... Im done, used to have almost 30, have been selling, will continue to do so, to get to under 10 over time.

The watch world has become hyper...I had to push the stool away from bar and not turn back

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My name is Kayvan, and I was a watch addict...

I had a rolling collection of 90

Sold 60, bought Vette

Have 30....

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
geesh, my crack habit seems tame now.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Yeah....all collections go thru this phase

-Oh buy 1-3, kinda cool

-padding collection stage, 3-15

-rare / ltd editions: 15-20

-25+ insanity

Collection math:

If item costs $100, U'll spend $5000 on a collection

If $1500, U'll spend $50,0000

I used to move the Doxa Diver market on eBay singlehandedly, and cashed out on aqua-star driver at top of mkt 10x my
cost

Was widely hated under vintage_chronographs handle

Happy to leave it all & focus on cars/ladies